Spike Camp

Caring for Ultramark

Parke

Caring for Ultramark
« on: March 12, 2018, 01:34:19 AM »
I was wondering what would be the best way to preserve the luster on the wood of an Ultramark?
Accumark  .308 Win
SVM          .308 Win
Ultramark  .257 Wby

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Caring for Ultramark
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 04:22:42 AM »
Don't carry it thru the briers and don't ride it around in your truck in the passenger seat with the muzzle jabbed into the floor board.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 05:00:17 AM »
I have always used Tru-oil on gun stocks. They may  recommend something else, many products out there to  choose from

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 07:15:03 AM »
I have used a couple of shots of Windex on a clean cloth towel and it makes them shine and cleans them very well.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 08:20:07 PM »
i have used johnson paste wax for 30+ years. I also wax the inside of the stock to help protect the wood. i use painters tape over the checkering to keep out the wax. If you do get wax in the checkering use an old tooth brush. My father was a stockmaker and this is what he did. The wax does a wonderful job of keeping the finish looking brand new.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill