Spike Camp

6.5 Creedmoor Accumark opinions.

6.5 Creedmoor Accumark opinions.
« on: March 12, 2018, 05:30:47 PM »
Been doing some think about the 6.5 Creedmoor. Thinking I need a do all rifle for ground hogs to whitetail and getting my feet wet in some long range shooting. Thinking either and Accumark or Range Certifed Accumark. Is the RC worth the extra money? Just looking for opinions on this setup.

Thanks

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor Accumark opinions.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:42:37 PM »
I think it would be a very nice set-up. I have looked at it also just can't justify it with the rifles and calibers l already have.
RC takes the work out of finding a good load in your rifle. All are guaranteed to shoot sub-MOA. So that is up to the person weather it is worth it or not

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
To me, and this is just me only, I’m sure others on here will differ, the RC is mainly a “coolness” factor. With that said, I think it is a pretty sweet coolness factor. Assuming  I was buying new and the difference I was looking at was an extra $300 or so, and I wasn’t passing up some great deal on a non RC gun, just cause it wasn’t RC.... if I’m already saving up (or just dropping that kind of scratch) I’d get an RC just cause I think it sets my rifle apart even more. If it was gonna cause me to skimp on glass or pass up a great deal I wouldn’t worry about it though... my 2cents.  :)
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

zonie

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 08:01:00 PM »
Depends on if you re-load or not ?

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 09:26:38 PM »
I will not own another short action cartridge built on a long action. I assume this is the case for this setup.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:06:18 PM »
It's based on a standard length action - the 6-lug Mark V.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 07:18:42 PM »
wish they chambered it in .280 Ackley Improved