Spike Camp

LongHorn Bull

BB340

• View Profile
Re: LongHorn Bull
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 03:12:21 PM »
Congratulations on your bull
This sounds like a great place to visit and maybe hunt
Is it mostly private or is there good hunting on public land also?

Yes Australia is a great place to visit. Once you get out of the cities you will find everyone friendly and welcoming. With very low crime rate and plenty to see and do. Not to mention quite a few critters to hunt.
It depends on which state or Territory you live in as to the access to public lands. i am not to sure what the rules are. I know in my state of NSW we can hunt Public lands that we call State Forest. Then in Victoria they have a massive amount of Public land in which to hunt. Queensland I don't think has public land hunting and I am not sure on the other states.
I would say that the majority of hunting down here is done on Private land. 
Aussie gun nut.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 03:36:45 PM »
When I was kid in west central Wisconsin to hunt private land was no problem, either it was open to hunting or all you had to do was ask. It is not that way anymore, seems most is posted or leased, either way no hunting. I was still lucky as my family and myself had enough land to hunt on.
How is the private land there? Can you get permission to hunt some of it?
Mike

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »
When I was kid in west central Wisconsin to hunt private land was no problem, either it was open to hunting or all you had to do was ask. It is not that way anymore, seems most is posted or leased, either way no hunting. I was still lucky as my family and myself had enough land to hunt on.
How is the private land there? Can you get permission to hunt some of it?

Yes with the public land here you have to do a safety course and then book the land for your exact dates. I think that is how it works as I never hunt public land.
If you are lucky enough then one can get access to private property to hunt and I would say that is what the majority of hunters down here do. I myself have various properties to hunt totalling close to 40,000 acres. A lot of it doesn't have much game on it but there is enough feral goats, pigs, rabbits and foxes to keep me happy. Then if I wish to hunt say buffalo or scrub bulls I would have to pay for a guided hunt. Which I do not mind.
There is also Private property that people can pay to self guide themselves on.
Aussie gun nut.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
Thanks for the info, very good interesting
Mike