Spike Camp

Remington Bankruptcy - What Now?

Remington Bankruptcy - What Now?
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:30:51 AM »
It is a shame to see Remington dragged down to this extent. I would like to see just Remington divested and purchased by an intelligent investment and marketing group. It is obvious that they strayed away from their core business, but if properly refocused, Remington can again be what it once was.

It would be a shame to see one of the core firearm manufacturing companies go away.
JK

badsection

Re: Remington Bankruptcy - What Now?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:45:55 AM »
Agreed!  Since the news tacked on the lawsuits from the bushmaster being used in the mass shooting as a liability, finding a buyer is going to be difficult.  No mention that Remington was found not libel! They did not mention the trigger settlement. I'm afraid there will be more to follow.

zonie

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 10:37:00 AM »
Remington needs to get rid of these bean counters / and anyone that isn't a shooter at least at the  top decision making positions.  Go back to the basics.  IMO get rid of these ill advised products that don't sell and no one wants, has any on here ever used an R51 rem handgun or tac14 shotgun ?  Why does Rem build this stuff ?  Get rid of the AR guns  everyone and their brother makes AR's so why do they need to compete in this market when it's so highly competitive ?  Bring the quality control and customer service back up to where it should be, nothing less than the best service is acceptable IMO.  Cut the product line  only build good firearms at a fair price that will sell,  rifles, shotguns , ammo.   Keep the people that know how to build the good stuff and let everyone else go that aren't absolutely critical to the operation.   Have the employees buy the company and start over.  You know what the worst part of this whole thing is a blind man could see it coming.  Scare people into buying and hoarding, quality fails,  then these companies build up and totally over extend themselves when the bottom falls.  They would  almost better off to say I'll build you a gun when I build you a gun,  we are not going to sacrifice quality over quanities and speculations.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:48:59 AM by zonie »

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 11:10:58 AM »
This type of business practice has caused many companies to fail. They fail to follow what the original owners wanted to provide their customers.
I’m glad Weatherby has remained a family company. The Weatherby I buy today is the same as when Roy started, only better. The family makes a profit and employs quality people who are able to support their families. This is a simple concept that has worked for years in America.
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 11:23:34 AM »
I agree with all of your posts. I have seen some of the products Remington has introduced over the past 10 years and asked myself...why? They're producing several products that very few people need.

They had some great, core products (700, 870, 1100, etc...); maybe spending time/resources in making those products even better? I would reduce the product line to those successful, core models and improve the quality and value proposition.
JK

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 11:43:44 AM »
Awful similar to what Colt had going on for years, seems as though they are slowly getting themselves headed in the right direction, hopefully Remington can follow suit, havent had much interest in there products lately, would be a shame to see them completely disappear though.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:46:20 PM by weatherbyman22 »

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 11:57:39 AM »
It is truly a shame. Remington used to be a great company that built a decent firearm (I still love my 1971 870 Wingmaster). I think the huge drop in quality (and quality control) is what has killed the company much more than unpopular product lines. If you're building crap, nobody's buying after the word gets out, no matter which product it is. That reputation for churning out junk and not fixing it has finally caught up. It would be nice if somebody could buy Remington and turn it around, but things look pretty dismal at this point.
Come and take it.

badsection

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 12:20:47 PM »
The liberal press is going to call Remington out of business a huge success and "aim" at the next easy target.  Remington is also Marlin, Bushmaster and Barnes bullets. 

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 03:50:29 PM »
They already are, Kevin. I saw some stuff on stupid Yahoo today where they are trying to tie it to the Parkland fiasco. Those liberal "journalists" are too clueless about Remington circling the drain for the past decade to get the real reason, or... they just plain lie to push their agenda so they can dance around and pee themselves with glee over it.
Come and take it.

badsection

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 05:26:39 PM »
I suppose it doesn't need to be a gun manufacturer going broke next. It certainly could be a company in the accessory business. Scopes, ammo or any of the many suppliers we use could be next. 

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 06:04:04 PM »
The liberal press is going to call Remington out of business a huge success and "aim" at the next easy target.  Remington is also Marlin, Bushmaster and Barnes bullets.

If Remington doesn't make it, hopefully someone picks up Barnes bullets.
Like maybe Weatherby  ;D

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 06:12:20 PM »
It is sad to see a company go through this. The law suits are not helping either. My first rifle was a 22 LR Remington Nylon 66. 

It is sad to see how gun manufacturers being sued because the actions of a loony.  However, we do not see lawsuits against Tide pods for all those kids who have died from ingesting them. Cell phones, & vehicle manufacturer for all those teenagers who have been killed for texting and driving. Etc, etc.  This show how selective even the scum sucking lawsuit layers are.  No offense to all other lawyers.   
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

dixie1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 06:24:39 PM »
Bad, Remington owns Barnes???? did i read that right?

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 06:51:33 PM »
The same group that owns Remington bought Barnes Bullets from the Brooks family around 2009-10 I think.
I believe Randy Brooks still has a big say in the things that go on there, hopefully he could get it back if things go South.

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 09:22:32 PM »
I would sure hate to see the Barnes bullets go away.They are the best by far as I think most of us will agree.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:24:45 PM by terminator »
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.