Spike Camp

Weatherby Ammo Prices

Weatherby Ammo Prices
« on: March 28, 2018, 06:20:54 PM »
New to the forum and new to Weatherby ammo. Notice that there is a great difference in price from one source to another. I have the 257 Weatherby Mag. I've notice from $33.00 to over $80.00 per box. I now that they ar different bullets used but that can't be the only difference. Is there anything I need to be on the look out for before purchasing? Thanks for any info.

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Weatherby Ammo Prices
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 06:31:27 PM »
It's all about the projectile.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 07:10:07 PM »
I reload a lot of different calibers and I have never seen a bullet increase the cost almost 3 times the overall cost. This gun is being used for my grandson so it want be used over 200 yds. Do you see that much difference between these?

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 07:22:02 PM »
Everyone here complains about meat loss when they kill with the Spitzers out of the 257.That bullet behind shoulder low or middle for heart and lung is a killer fast.They won't run far if any.It's good place for a kid to aim for too.If he wants to shoot a bunch then let him get used to the rifle with the cheap stuff and during deer season go to the 100 grain Barnes.Generally this crowd is heavy for caliber,but I would hunt deer with the 80 grain TTSX if I was shooting a 257.The 85 grain TSX is a great Whitetail bullet out of my 240.For 0-200 out of a 257 just about anything will work.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.