Spike Camp

Walmart: the good, the bad & the ugly

Walmart: the good, the bad & the ugly
« on: April 13, 2018, 08:49:12 AM »
I stopped in Walmart yesterday to pick up some .223 ammo, as they have 100 round boxes of Federal for $33.67 a box. That's pretty reasonable, at less than 34 cents a round. That's the good. The bad is, they required my driver's license, from which they appeared to type in my DL number. The ugly is that it appears somebody may be tracking who buys what and how much, and the thought of that really pisses me off. If not for the decent price, I would have told them to keep it. This may be our future - the lefties even want background checks for ammo purchases (same as firearms) and are talking that up lately. All this type of crap really blows.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.

Stacy

• View Profile
Re: Walmart: the good, the bad & the ugly
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 07:30:35 AM »
I stopped going to Walmart when they decided to raise the minimum age to 21 to buy firearms and ammunition. I even sent them a nice letter explaining why.

As consumers, we have choices and I would encourage you to voice your concerns to Walmart if you don't appreciate their policies or just stop shopping there. Nothing gets a store manager's attention like a hit to their bottom line.     

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 08:04:03 AM »
Agreed. I saw the 21 thing too. So now, a 20 year old man serving and home on leave can't buy a box of ammo, how stupid. I may just be done with Walmart. I just wrote Bank of America the other day, telling them we're closing our accounts with them - maybe it's time for a letter to Walmart too.

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 09:27:48 AM »
I know the walmarts that we shop at you can still buy ammo before 21. I still shop there, I get a good discount when shopping there.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 09:28:46 AM »
It's the turn of time and there will be NO! changing it. You can't fix stupid. I feel for the newborns and the crap society they will endure. America has lost it's soul.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »
I just picked up some handgun and rifle ammo for a bachelor party for my son, an ID was not required nor age asked for at Cabelas. We call Walmart the Evil neighbor and avoid them like the plague, they stand for greed and that's the other thing destroying this country.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 12:53:53 PM »
I don't feel there is anything destroying this great country. And America HAS not lost its soul
We all have the freedom to shop at Wal Mart or Cabelas because this is a great country and it so because of the great men and women that defend that right 24/7 around the world!!!!!!!!

Anyone that doesn't think so, should take a long look at the rest of the world and see just how great this country is.

Don't take this wrong I am not saying anything against the rest of the world. I am saying America is a great country and always will be!!
Mike

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 02:04:15 PM »
All I know is that Walmart had gave a lot to our family. Not that we have not sacrificed for the company but my wife started with a job there when we where scraping by and then made a career there. She has climbed the ladder of success there where many companies would of just took for granted her skills as an employee (associate) and then on too management. Walmart had made a good living for her and us. She doesnít have anything to do with business practices that executives do and neither do the 2.5 million other workers they employ(just throwing a number out there). I know some people say they are evil because they are in buisness just to make a profit, well if you are in business to break even and not come out of head you are not going to go anywhere. They have stock holders that they have to keep happy.
I am sure Weatherby is about making a profit and none of us here are against that.
Itís just to easy to use them as a punching bag because they want to make sure they make money. If they asked me about the their practices on gun sales which they wonít I would suggest othet practices. They are doing this as a potential trend that they are kind of forced to do. Ole Sam wouldnít agree but unfortunately Sam isnít with us anymore.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 09:08:26 AM »
Is this a one store local Walmart thing requiring a person to use drivers lic number  to purchase ammo ?

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 10:15:09 AM »
Must be cause i have purchased at three different stores very recently and with a beard I wasnít even carded.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Marishka

• Cancelled bear hunt so I could get this
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 07:02:28 AM »
The problem is the anti-gun lobby pushing this as a political agenda and the failure of the pro-gun lobby to attack by offering funding to the families whose children were killed or wounded in a school shoot out where the school did not have metal detectors at the entrances, and not the exits. In addition, funding to sue that Sheriff's Department whose deputy sheriff was at the school and did nothing to stop the shooting. These agendas need to be added on because the school is made to look innocent just as the mother who gave and gave her insane son guns that he killer her with. Her estate should be sued. Because of these failures the anti-gun people have been able to point the finger without any basis whatsoever other than not liking guns. I will not support unless they start this type legal involvement. If they do not, perhaps we and other groups should get together to form one or more not for profits organizations to raise money for these type law suits. If we have to do it and actually do it, we will get as much or more press than the anti-gun lobby. So, think about what I say, discuss it with others and get back to me. We need to get the blame put where it belongs!

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 09:54:26 AM »
Saturday evening, the wife wanted to stop at that very same Walmart to get some stuff and she actually told me to go look at ammo (good wife) while she got some girlie stuff. I decided to buy another 100 round box (exact .223 ammo as before) and see what happens. The girl that took my money only asked for a date of birth. Either the DL number stuff is not official store policy or not all employees follow it - I don't know which. The DOB stuff (a lot of places are asking) doesn't bother me too much (make up a date if you want), but if the DL number thing continues, I'll buy elsewhere.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »
It doesn't matter if they look at you and ask DOB,it's when they want your DL and then they right everything down and make a written account of you.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 05:48:27 AM »
Went to Wall mart for .22s they wanted proof i was 21, so she said, at 63 years old you need  proof of age? Told her it was bending my 2nd Amendment rights, her answer was that the 2nd does not pertain to her. Told her she was very confused, got a blank look. This is the thanks  the sportsman and woman that spend Million's a year get. 
O C hunter

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 04:24:52 PM »
Same thing happened to me at Walmart in Arizona yesterday.  I went in and bought a box of 12 ga shotgun shells,  I was asked my age for their records,  not who I am but just my age.  I'm in my 60's and unfortunately I look it.  I would think it has got to be a Walmart policy to cover their ass.  I can go down to any other place in town and buy ammo and never get asked because it's obvious I'm over 18.