Spike Camp

Weatherby Scope repairs

Weatherby Scope repairs
« on: April 14, 2018, 07:12:24 AM »
Hello Nation,
Just wondering if there is anyone here at the nation who works on the older Weatherby scopes? And if not does anyone have a contact for someone who does ? Seems like a lot of the variable Imperial's have issues getting stuck and not being able to turn the magnification up or down. 

Side note if anyone has any trick or tips on how to free these scopes up sing out because I'm all ears . I picked up a mint German 300 with a 2x7 Imperial on it . The whole rig looks brand new but the little 2x7 is stuck like a bug in a rug on 2 power .

Thank you,
Gary
And on the 8th Day God created the .300 Weatherby and God saw the .300 Weatherby was good, and God divided the .300 Weatherby from the rest.

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Weatherby Scope repairs
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 07:41:35 AM »
These people do Weatherby scope repair, but as I understand it, their not cheap.
http://www.parsonsscopeservice.com/
DosEquisShooter

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 08:57:29 AM »
The magnification turrets have a fine grease on the turning threads, and long time storage and non use for years can cause the the grease to harden and become more of an adhesive. Using a hair dryer to warm up the turret and tube may loosen up the dry grease and allow you to turn, but not always.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 01:22:17 PM »
Thank you danno50.  I will give it a try and go from there . Thanks again sir.
And on the 8th Day God created the .300 Weatherby and God saw the .300 Weatherby was good, and God divided the .300 Weatherby from the rest.