Spike Camp

My afternoon

My afternoon
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:01:33 PM »
It wasn't that much fun to start as i helped the wife put up 2 more LED yard lights to help with calving. I'm so lucky she doesn't like to run the loader tractor so she lets me lift her up to change the light. ;D
 ;D  After coffee with Dad I take a load of alfalfa pellets out with the Power wagon to coax a herd of cows in closer for calving. I didn't get far before I had to shoot some gophers.I emptied one clip on the 10/22 reloaded and emptied that one again. I then remembered I had another clip so I grabber but it was empty :-[ :-[ so I figured I had better get going. Turns out most of the cows were 4 miles north of the house. They have been getting fed pellets so they trailed along pretty good.On my way back I saw 23 elk in the distance. To far for a decent phone picture. I did get lucky as I think I got all but 3 head into the calving pasture.About 200 head followed the old red dodge pretty well. :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Re: My afternoon
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »
Now that sounds like an afternoon of fun.Teach you to keep the magazines loaded. ;D
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 08:31:36 PM »
How stupid does those 30 round mags sound now lol
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 09:07:14 PM »
+1 lol
Roger

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:11:10 PM »
That sounds like a pretty nice life. Not an easy one, but one without traffic jams and dead lines

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 09:49:21 PM »
Your work sounds like play Michael. ;)
I was wanting to play this weekend. But 2 strait days of freezing rain put a damper on that.
Do you ever have any cougar trouble with your cattle?
I only ask because I was watching A show today on cougars and they brought up livestock issues.
Mark

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 09:58:57 PM »
Your work sounds like play Michael. ;)
I was wanting to play this weekend. But 2 strait days of freezing rain put a damper on that.
Do you ever have any cougar trouble with your cattle?
I only ask because I was watching A show today on cougars and they brought up livestock issues.
I haven't ever seen a cougar altho they are supposed to in the country. We did lose a colt one time and never found any sign so did wonder about a cat. I guess with the Elk around we prbably do have Cats. We have more game around then my Dad can remember, Mule deer, some White Tail, Elk, Moose, Beaver, Wolverine. There has been a wolf shot in the country a few years back, who know what else. The wild Boar are close but not here yet.
I can't tame wild women

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 10:11:34 PM »
MR, pray that the wild boar never get up there. Their devastating.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »
MR, pray that the wild boar never get up there. Their devastating.

They are pretty wide spread in Saskatchewan but locally we don't have them. I have talked to guys that can't combine are night because of the wallows in the fields.
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 10:22:21 PM »
BM:You didn't accidentally happen to flex the hydraulics just to give your wife a lil thrill?
Roger

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 07:44:25 AM »
BM:You didn't accidentally happen to flex the hydraulics just to give your wife a lil thrill?

After 39 years of living with me she has had all the thrills she can handle ;D

It took me quite awhile but I've learned what she finds funny,bouncing 14 feet in the air isn't one of those things. :o
I can't tame wild women