Spike Camp

Lyman bag jack experiences?

Lyman bag jack experiences?
« on: April 16, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »
Thinking of ordering the Lyman bag jack so I don't have to carry around as many sand bags.Any experiences with it. Thanks
https://www.opticsplanet.com/s/lyman-bag-jack
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
Re: Lyman bag jack experiences?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:38:22 PM »
No experience, but I've also considered this. (the one with the jack and the bags) Let us know how it works out if you do get it or what you might find if you hear somethings to keep you from ordering.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »
Hey Roger, I use Bull Bag, and this is the one I carry with me when at the range or field. 

http://www.bullsbag.com/Multi_Purpose_Bench_Rest_Shooting_Rests_Models_X7_Bulls_Bag_s/6.htm

Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 05:54:19 PM »
Roger, I hadn't seen or heard of the Bag JacK till now. It still looks bulky and that front bags gonna be heavy when you fill it. If your set on getting it, Buds Gun Shop has the combo for $57.00. I keep it light with the Caldwell Rock Jr. front shooting rest, and my own rabbit-ear rear bag. Fits in a hand held shooting bag along with ammunition, targets, and cleaning supplies.(except for the Tipton cleaning rod)
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:16:52 PM »
No  experience, but looking at it. Just a couple thoughts
Hard to level
Lots of places for sand to get into

I have seen guys with the cheaper light weight  pedestals mounted to a 1x8. Small enough to go in a shooting bag and not to heavy and adjustable for height and level. Just seen it never used it

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 10:58:49 AM »
Thanks to all for the responses.A friend decided to bite the bullet today and ordered one of the jacks.I will report back after he tries it out.
Roger

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 12:03:59 PM »
I have a similar bag made by Caldwell.  As long as you don't let the muzzle lay on the bag it ought to hold up well. I like the stability of the bag when testing loads. I also does a slight pinching of stock since the trough is slightly wider at one end than the other.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 08:36:57 AM »
Here is my experiences from 3 days using the Lyman bag jack and bag combo.I really liked the front bag.The jack was very stable screwed down or jacked up.You could not screw the jack up very easily or at all with the bag and rifle on it.But you really don't adjust that much with the front rest  once you get it set for your terrain.Do your adjusting with the gun and bag off. I would buy the combo again after using it.Dan found me a good deal at Buds but then I found a warehouse Amazon deal even better.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:38:37 AM by terminator »
Roger