Spike Camp

Accumark scope mounting issue

Accumark scope mounting issue
« on: April 16, 2018, 07:31:19 PM »
Recently purchased a new 6.5-300 Accumark. Has anyone had issues with scope alignment? Installed a Leupold Mark 4 rail with Mark 4 rings under a Swarovski Z6 scope. Ran out of windage adjustment 2-3 inches left of the bullet impact at 100 yards. Tried another rail and reversed the rings - no change. Could the barrel to receiver alignment be the problem? I am sending the rifle, rail mount and rings back to Weatherby next week  - they are sending a shipping box. Kind of disappointed with my purchase.

Chris

• View Profile
Re: Accumark scope mounting issue
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:35:10 PM »
I wouldn’t think it could be that. I would think your holes were tapped wrong if it was that far off?
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 07:52:34 PM »
I hate to think about how Weatherby would fix the problem if it is the holes being drilled and tapped off center. I hate a patched rifle. I guess I need to be patient and see what happens.

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 08:57:31 PM »
Weatherby has great customer service. They stand by their products and if it’s their fault they will fix it.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:59:57 PM »
If the holes are off I bet your in for a new rifle.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 04:29:10 AM »
If your running out of adjustment it sounds like the wrong base
Mike

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 05:06:48 AM »
I would be surprised if it has anything to do with the rifle. Who knows. Good luck.

Please let us know what the issue was, when resolved.

Re: Accumark scope mounting issue Update
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »
Just heard from Weatherby. They checked the trigger pull and head-space, barrel and receiver using their tooling. They say my new Swarovski Z6 scope is the problem. They are shipping the rifle back to me, should have it back mid next week. I should have thought of this sooner. I will mount this scope on my 338-378 Accumark, the scope should be off to the side on this rifle also if there is nothing wrong with the 6.5-300. My 338-378 has the same Leupold/Swarovski setup.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 03:33:36 AM »
Just noticed it is a windage adjustment, wish makes my other post wrong😜
It will be interesting to see if it is the scope, Swarovski makes good products. But l don't think it's the gun with the amount of machining that goes into one, for it to be that far off. If it was tapped off it would be noticeable with a rail, either the holes wouldn't line up or the rail would not fit flush in the action on all sides
But without seeing the gun no way to tell for sure
Mike

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 11:35:29 AM »
Weatherby checked out everything on my rifle and promptly sent it back. Everything checked out good. Followed another members suggestion. Installed a Warne rail with Leupold Mark 4 rings, centered the reticle on the scope. 7 clicks windage from center at 100 yards got me in the bullseye. The Leupold Mark 4 rail was the problem - correct part number according to Leupold. The Weatherby folks were outstanding.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 12:20:34 PM »
This is just one more example of why I won't spend money on anything with the Leupold name on it.  QC is nonexistent with the company, and has been for a couple of decades.  Sure, they have a great warranty program.  Everyone knows it.  And the reason everyone knows, is because so many people have to use their warranty program.  I've had exactly one warranty issue out of my optics cadre over the last 42yrs, and that one was with a Minox scope.  Warranty service was horrible and I won't use the brand any more.  That's out of a few dozen various optics ranging from Bushnell/Burris lower end stuff to Vortex and Pentax mid-tier, on up to Zeiss and Meopta on the upper end.  One failure out of all that.  And maybe a second one, as I have one Leupold - an old Vari-X II my dad bought in about 1982-ish - which may be giving up the ghost.  I hope not.  That one rides atop my dad's old Browning BAR and I'd prefer to leave it as he had it, rather than change things out, for sentimental reasons.  I won't replace it with another Leupold, if it's going bad.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie