Spike Camp

Weathermark or Accumark??

Weathermark or Accumark??
« on: April 18, 2018, 03:26:53 PM »
Looking to purchase a new Weatherby. I currently own a Accumark 300 and going to purchase a 257. Love my Accumark but like the idea of the Cerakote barrel on the Weathermark. Any thoughts??

DW5

• View Profile
Re: Weathermark or Accumark??
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:47:17 PM »
Canít go wrong! The Accumark is an insanely good rifle. I have a Weathermark in .257WBY and it is my go-to deer rifle. It has been sub-moa with all 3 loads I have run through it. I also like the cerakote.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 06:04:16 PM »
Hmmm.I vote Accumark to go with the 300.I agree you can't go wrong with either.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 06:52:15 PM »
I vote accumark also
Mike

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 07:16:21 PM »
Another vote for the Accumark.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »
Iíd say it'd depend on the kind of hunting/shooting you plan to do. The Accumark has a heavier and fluted barrel which makes it great for shooting lots of shots on the range, but a but burdensome to carry. If you have a stand you're planning to hunt out of rather than walk around a bunch, I'd go with the Accumark.

The Weathermark is about a pound lighter, and the cerakote will protect against the weather/perspiration on the outside, but the metal is chromemoly, so if the rifle gets soaked or the cerakote gets damaged, it'll still rust faster than the Accumark on the inside/under the damaged coating.

Personally, I just bought a stainless rifle and am having it cerakoted. I guess I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy...
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 03:38:16 PM »
Get the Accumark and then have it Cerakoted lol. Thats what I did.  :D
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 07:04:16 PM »

+1
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »
+1

If you go through Buds Gun Shop, the difference in price between the two is just under $400 dollars and in 257 Wby the difference in weight is only 1/2 lb.(not much to gain) I'd vote with BB and Cbloom, Accumark and Cerakote lol.

DosEquisShooter