Spike Camp

Finally

Finally
« on: April 26, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »
After waiting for 18 months finally got some 6.5  120 e-tips to try in my swede, i hope they work like i want them to. Will keep you posted on the results.

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Finally
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »
How fast will you be pushing the 120s from your Swede?  My results with impact velocities down to around 2800 (out of my Weatherbys) have been spectacular, with full expansion.  I'll be curious to see how they perform at lower impact velocities.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 08:48:17 PM »
Nosler manual says 3000 fps at muzzle with h 4350 or rl 19 i expect around 2400 to 2500 at impact , so should be good  up to about 250 to 300 yds if the accuracy is there. Had the best luck just following manual on other loads

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 05:03:24 AM »
Sounds good. For some reason I was thinking a few hundred fps slower for those. Should have checked the manual myself. The Swede is a great little round.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie