Spike Camp

Burris Fullfield

Burris Fullfield
« on: May 08, 2018, 07:21:22 PM »
Anybody tried these scopes. I like all the reviews I've read about them. I've never owned a Burris but seriously considering this one.

Just wondering if any of Weatherby nation had any input.

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Burris Fullfield
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:13:31 PM »
I have one, and know guys with them. They are a solid scope in what I deem the entry point for reliable scopes with sufficiently clear/bright glass. Mine is rebadged as a Pentx Pioneer, as Burris made Pentax riflescopes fir a while. I've had excellent service from it, and expect to continue.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 08:26:51 PM »
Yes I have a couple of them. The one on my Tikka 7mm-08 is the Fullfield II with ballistic Plex. It matches up perfectly with my handloaded 130grn Speer SP. I have had it on there for years and it is one of my wet weather rifles, the thing has never let me down and holds it's zero. They may not have the best glass in the business but for a no frills budget scope they are right up there. 
Aussie gun nut.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 08:48:03 PM »
Burris makes great optics, and the Fullfield is the one I have on my 270.  At the price point, the glass and coatings are better than some higher priced scopes. The elevation and windage dials are very exact and the warranty is excellent.(which you won't need unless you somehow damage it.) I have 4 Burris scopes, 2 on rifles and 2 on pistols, and they will hold up to plenty of recoil. If you make the purchase, you won't be disappointed.
DosEquisShooter

galamb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 01:58:33 PM »
Burris which was owned by Steiner, which all got bought up by Beretta is one of the most under rated scopes in my opinion (disclaimer - I sell a number of brands including Burris and Steiner).

In the Fullfield line there is two different (sub-models).

The Burris Fullfield E1 is the far superior product. The Fullfield II, while more attractive price wise, has significantly lower quality glass/coatings - so it does matter which exact model you are looking at.

I have E1's on two of my rifles and would be hard pressed to come up with a reason to "improve" upon their performance.

The Burris scopes are kept wallet friendly by having the assembly done in the Philippines. If you can live with that you get a lot more scope for your money...
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!

DHanisKid

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 06:32:19 PM »
I agree with what has already been said, solid and reliable products. My oldest is a 25+ year old 2 x 7 x 33 sitting on my wife's 243 Ruger. It has been hunted hard and still is working as new. More recently, I have purchased some of their AR-335 prism scopes and a FastFire III red dot, all well made and excellent value.

zonie

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 12:31:01 PM »
There are differences in Burris fullfield scopes,  the original fullfield,   newer fullfield II and the fullfield E-1.   I'm assuming we are talking about the current Fullfield II  ?  The fullfield II has a different type eyepiece  in which the whole eye piece is turned when zooming causing the use of flip up scope cap on the ocular  lens is moved also. (basically rear scope cap getting in the way when opened when zooming )  Some other scope models from other manufacturers were also built this way,  if not using flip up scope caps then it's no issue.   The Burris original and E-1's are a different eye piece zoom design and not an issue.  All of the fullfields seem to be  decent scopes,  not great,  but good serviceable scopes that I wouldn't have a problem buying,  my son has one.  These are just the scopes that I have seen and there could be other design differences built within the years that have changed.  Something to look at and read all info before a person buys.   

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 06:17:00 PM »
Thanx for all the replies folks! Good info.

Some scopes I have I have to adjust the eye piece slightly when magnification is turned up to get a clearer image.

Anybody with the Fullfield II have an issue with not being able to adjust the eye piece to get a clear image?

I'm going back and forth between the Fullfield E1 and Fullfield II.

Will be going on a 300 Wby

Can find some pretty good deals on the FFII right now.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:19:08 PM by CptnAwesome »

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 06:27:07 PM »

In the Fullfield line there is two different (sub-models).

The Burris Fullfield E1 is the far superior product. The Fullfield II, while more attractive price wise, has significantly lower quality glass/coatings - so it does matter which exact model you are looking at.

I was wondering about that. Have read some that say there's no difference but if you sell em then I'll definitely take your word for it.

galamb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 06:54:20 PM »
There is a significant difference in clarity/light transmission.

If you don't like a busy reticle and you are not trying to squeak the first and last minutes of light out of the scope the Fullfield II has a simple BDC reticle - just the tick marks on the vertical.

The E1 has the Burris/Steiner "E1" reticle (thus the name) that also has the windage dots (inverted triangle shape). I'm not personally fussy about the wind dots (don't ever use them myself), but the difference in clarity was what sold me on the E1.
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!