Spike Camp

rain

rain
« on: May 19, 2018, 07:18:28 AM »
It's been raining here all week. I'm under a flood watch till noon tomorrow. The dog has gone into a "sleep through it" mode.  I have been doing a lot of reloading. I have 200 or so 7mm WSM brass I have been working on the last 2 days.   BTW, the mangos on the tree are turning into prunes. :)

Re: rain
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 08:22:38 AM »
Kevin it's been the same here and we already had our flash floods which have been the worse I've seen since Agnes in the 1970's.
I was going home after out patient surgery on Tuesday when they hit and was lucky to get out of Frederick.
7" of rain fell in a matter of minutes causing a lot of damage along with hail 2" in diameter. I was surprised there wasn't a tornado to go with it.
TD

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 08:30:14 AM »
I've had it with this rain already, for the past week there was only one or two days without rain.  Yesterday I managed to get half of my yard cut which took me three and a half hours, normally I can have the entire yard done in that time, and it was up to my knees in spots.  People always ask me why I love the winter and snow and I tell them, we don't get snow every day and even when we do there's a lot less area to snow blow compared to cutting the grass which grows nonstop no matter what the weather is. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 08:33:45 AM »
Glad you came out of that surgery OK, T D!  Keep in mind, I am high ground here, at least 8' above sea level!  I had to go out and pick up my meds, glad I have the water wings on my truck!  This week reminds me of a ancient Johnny Cash song, "How High's the Water, Mama"  .  Just loaded 120gr TTSX in the 7mm WSM.  :)

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 08:48:48 AM »
Glad you came out of that surgery OK, T D!  Keep in mind, I am high ground here, at least 8' above sea level!  I had to go out and pick up my meds, glad I have the water wings on my truck!  This week reminds me of a ancient Johnny Cash song, "How High's the Water, Mama"  .  Just loaded 120gr TTSX in the 7mm WSM.  :)
Thanks Kevin yeah I remember that song.
I had half the fresh planted field behind my property wash into the yard so I have that to clean up before I can mow the grass and if that isn't bad enough the county plowed debris off the road into my yard for me to clean up.
TD

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 09:54:07 AM »
Going on 27 year drought here so I'm not feeling sorry for ya'll
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 11:02:38 AM »
It was very dry here for the first quarter of this year. We have certainly made up the shortfall.  Hurricane season is less than 2 weeks off!

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 11:21:49 AM »
Going on 27 year drought here so I'm not feeling sorry for ya'll
Sorry about your bad luck. (:>) You must be getting thirsty by now for some cool clean well water. LOL
TD

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 01:26:41 PM »
Getting soggy!

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 03:04:11 PM »
Send some Down Under would yas! We are having quite a drought. Have never seen it this dry in my area. Terrible.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 03:45:04 PM »
Sure wet at the Preakness sloppy track and fog.

We could use a rain. :P
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 04:21:59 PM »
Be careful what you wish for, BB and BMR!   ;D

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 04:24:49 PM »

I live about 50miles west of the track. From what I saw on tv the spectators probably couldn't see what was happening on the back stretch.
I hope it goes away tonight so it will be dry for my granddaughters college graduation ceremony in Gettysburg PA tomorrow.

TD

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 06:12:50 PM »

I live about 50miles west of the track. From what I saw on tv the spectators probably couldn't see what was happening on the back stretch.
I hope it goes away tonight so it will be dry for my granddaughters college graduation ceremony in Gettysburg PA tomorrow.

They ran out of the fog over the finish line. :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 07:13:10 PM »
TD, thank God you came out ok from your surgery.

Here in GA, we are getting all the rain we didn't get in Apr & the beginning of May.  We are expected to get rain for the 7-10 days.  We sure need it too.