Spike Camp

Wolf dog hybrid shot in Montana

musicman

• View Profile
Wolf dog hybrid shot in Montana
« on: May 25, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »
I thought this was interesting.  When I lived in Austin, there was a fellow in the subdivision that had a wolf hybrid, and it was fabulously gorgeous.  I asked him about it.  He said that it was the runt of the litter, and he chose it for that reason, hoping that it might have a milder temperament; and SO FAR, he said that it acted like any other big dog that he had owned.  But I have heard lots of horror stories about the wolf hybrids.  I would consider owning one, but there are so many stupid people around where I live, I would fear that I could never let it out of the house because someone would shoot it.  I had a pet coyote many years ago, and heard through the grapevine in town that one fellow had taken a shot at it right by my house, not knowing that it was tame.  The coyote was not a bad pet, but he did not know
 his strengths.  I would have never let anyone less than a grown adult be around him.  He disappeared one day, so perhaps someone got him.  If you read the article, it seems that Montana has some workable laws about defending your property against "predators."  It is too bad that that list of "predators" cannot be expanded a bit to include a "few other species."  MM

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/2018/05/24/wolf-dog-dogman-some-mysterious-creature-montanans-look-answers/634379002/

Mysterious wolf-like creature shot in northcentral Montana near Denton

Mysterious wolf-like creature shot in northcentral Montana near Denton
"We have no idea what this was," said Bruce Auchly, from Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks. "Our game wardens wen...

DW5

• View Profile
Re: Wolf dog hybrid shot in Montana
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 04:48:35 PM »
Huh... I hope it gets out what it was. I have to say, the thing form the article I found most intriguing was that there are actually weekly live broadcasts of “Dogman Encounters” and “Bigfoot Eyewitness.” I may have to try and tune into that one lazy Friday evening.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 05:08:34 PM »
Very interesting.Thanks Mark.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 04:01:06 AM »
On the way back from sighting in a new 243 Win I saw two huge dog-like animals near my parents farm. In hadn’t seen anything their size or almost solid brown color. Through the scope of the 243 Win, they appeared to be much larger than a typical coyote. I knew the farmer a mile away had sheep, and I wondered in that critical moment if they were some kind of sheep dog. I did not fire. I’ve never seen them since.
Just because something is odd looking or in an unusual place doesn’t mean it is dangerous.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 07:12:10 AM »
Back when l was logging and staying on site in a camper. One of the other guys had a dog that was Husky and Wolf cross.
He said it had just enough Husky to make him legal to have. He was different, he come by the camper so l would let him in. He would just come in and lay down and watch me for anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple hours, than just get up and walk to door and want out. Never want to get pet or anything.
I was around him for a few years and never seen or heard of him doing anything with the wildlife around.
Can't say all of them are like him, but he was a pretty cool "dog"😎

badsection

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 01:16:37 PM »
DNA is back and this was a grey wolf.   :)

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 08:31:15 PM »
I seen that too. Ugly sucker.
Mark

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 10:49:17 PM »
At least now you can rule out Chupacabras starting to go north for the summer. However, if you happen to see a hairless beastly looking coyote with a hunch back, fangs that make its jaw drop, making screeching horrific sounds, kinda dragging one leg, and occasionally standing upright to look around, you might wanna call the game warden, and a doctor if it sees you.
DosEquisShooter