Spike Camp

speaking of double barrel rifles

speaking of double barrel rifles
« on: June 11, 2018, 09:25:59 PM »
https://www.range365.com/double-barrel-bolt-action-rifle

I saw some with scopes,which barrel do you sight in?

What happens if your cross eyed? :o ???

"The rifle comes in both side by side and over/under configurations and in calibers ranging from .470 Capstick down through the .416 Remington Magnum and .375 Holland & Holland Magnum for African and Asian safaris. Calibers then drop to include the European 9.3 x 62mm, 8 x 68S, and the old standby American .30/06 all the way down to the diminutive .17 HMR rimfire."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:28:47 PM by Big Muddy rancher »
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

zonie

Re: speaking of double barrel rifles
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 09:52:28 PM »
 I like it.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 03:12:40 AM »
Building these rifles is a very pains taking process.The gunsmith goes thru a long process of tweaking the barrels so they both shoot to the same POI.Usually 100 yards,but I'm sure the distance is determined by the buyer.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 07:37:41 PM »
Very Nice. Bet it ways close to 20 lbs.
but so much for the debate whats faster for 4 shots.
Mark

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 09:23:30 AM »
Very interesting and beautifully executed. I would agree that it must be pretty damn heavy though.
Come and take it.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 11:21:26 AM »
The Lion´s Dream

DBR cal. .30/06 - .30/06

The lightweight hunting companion
This DBR model consists almost entirely of Grade V titanium - a titanium alloy with small proportions of aluminum and a higher proportion of vanadium. The barrel is made from high quality steel. As a result of the high titanium proportion, this large caliber rifle only weighs 4.4 kg, thus making it suitable for hunting small game. The dioptic sight on the breech plug cap enables simple, accurate targeting without an additional lens. The rifle has a conventional big game stock with a straight stock back and a German cheekpiece.

That's 9,7 pounds, not bad if you have somebody to carry it got you. ;D
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 07:17:00 PM »
Pretty cool! I still lust after a Winchester Grand European over under .30-06. Not the most practical rifle, but very high coolness factor.
JK

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 11:12:14 AM »
The front sight on the "MoKume" is art work, but the "White Tiger" front sight is just a Masterful "work of art".
http://revivaler.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Szecsei-Fuchs-Double-Barrel-Bolt-Action-Rifles-fuchsfineguns.com-mokume-a.jpg

http://revivaler.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Szecsei-Fuchs-Double-Barrel-Bolt-Action-Rifles-fuchsfineguns.com-Fuchs-White-Tiger-2.jpg

Wow! Just looking at those beauties makes me almost glad I DON’T have one as I can already imagine the amount of fretting I would go through to keep them pristine...
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 02:01:11 PM »
If I could afford one, I would buy it because I was going to hunt with it in Africa, not keep as a safe queen.
 The guys that can afford these rifles can absolutely afford more than one. Who knows maybe they're hunters / collectors. Just a thought
DosEquisShooter

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
I suppose a change in my bank account would lead to a change in my mind no doubt.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 08:54:21 PM »
I found one of the Fuchs bolt action double rifles on Guns International that was going for $85,000. They probably can go a lot higher than that. Also found a real short video on the loading, shooting, and shell ejection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN03oRyQK7Q
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 08:54:38 PM »
Roy dabbled in these too.Very rare.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 09:53:18 PM »
Thanks for the video, $85,000 :o  I told my cousin if you have to ask the price you probably can't afford it. Think I was right ;D
I can't tame wild women

musicman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 08:21:53 PM »
If Winchester could make them on the 101 O/U action for the overseas market, and Valmet can make them on the 412 O/U action, with interchangeable barrels no less, I wonder why Ruger has not done it on their O/U or SxS.  I have had two of the Valmets, and they both shot both barrels to point of aim at 100 yards.  And even if they did not shoot that well, and maybe put the shots three inches apart at two hundred yards, that would still be adequate for deer or larger game.  No one is going to be shooting prairie dogs with them at three hundred yards.  Ruger over engineers all of their firearms, so I bet the action is more than strong enough, but even if they did it in .45-70 or .38-55, no one would be shooting much further than a hundred yards anyway.  I almost pulled the trigger on one of those Remington/Baikal SxS's like Terminator has in .45-70 a couple of years ago, and I wish I had.   And if somone made one in a SxS, and the barrels were shooting way off, why not put Williams fire sights on each barrel; one in green and one in orange, so you would not get crossways in the "heat of the moment."  MM