Spike Camp

Good News

Good News
« on: June 13, 2018, 06:15:45 PM »
Went for a follow up check with my doctor today and my sugar levels have been consistently low enough that he took me my insulin and placed me on a higher dosage of Metforman. No more needles for me with any luck I will be able to kick the pill habit as long as I get my weight down and lower my blood sugar levels. ;D
TD

Re: Good News
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 06:23:58 PM »
That's great news!  Glad to hear it truck driver 2!

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »
Keep up the good work TD.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 07:22:11 PM »
Great job. I am an insulin dependent type II diabetic caused by pancreatitis in 2010. Being able to reduce or eliminate insulin totally is more than difficult to accomplish. It takes doing the right things, for what seems forever, but the relief it brings is unmeasurable.  :)

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »
Keep up the good work, glad to hear your healthy going in the right direction!!
Doug

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 05:20:06 AM »
Thanks guys,
Staying the course isn't going to be easy but I'm going to do my best to stay insulin free.
TD

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 05:45:32 AM »
Great news TD. Sure glad you are off the insulin and don't have that to deal with. I am a full fledged Type 1 and have to shoot up 4 times a day and still be careful with what I eat.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 10:43:56 AM »
Keep doing that hard work. Great News!  8)
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

badsection

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 10:48:46 AM »
Doing good, T D!  16 years diagnosed type 2 myself!   :)

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 12:12:23 PM »
Bad eating habits got me where I was/am and now I'm getting that under control but still have a ways to go before I'm satisfied.
The wife has been fixing great stuff and I was eating more then I should have, including home made root beer that would have put Hires to shame. ;D
Thanks for all the congrats.
TD

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 12:16:25 PM »
Great news TD, stay strong and keep up with your goals. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 07:49:46 AM »
Way to go Pal, that's GREAT NEWS. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 09:01:16 AM »
With diabetes being something that surrounds me with family members. I need to start taking care of myself instead of getting fat and not taking care of myself. I have been borderline with my sugar for several years. I have also gained over a 100 lbs the last 7 years. I will lose some but gain twice the amount back. I am sure bigger paychecks equates to more beer and bigger meals. We hardly ever make meals from scratch and do more pickup or eat out. Our schedules don’t help with us working long hours and girls in sports all year around.
Glad to hear that you have done life changers to improve your health and best of luck with your future with your fight with diabetes.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »
With diabetes being something that surrounds me with family members. I need to start taking care of myself instead of getting fat and not taking care of myself. I have been borderline with my sugar for several years. I have also gained over a 100 lbs the last 7 years. I will lose some but gain twice the amount back. I am sure bigger paychecks equates to more beer and bigger meals. We hardly ever make meals from scratch and do more pickup or eat out. Our schedules don’t help with us working long hours and girls in sports all year around.
Glad to hear that you have done life changers to improve your health and best of luck with your future with your fight with diabetes.
Thanks Chris, I was some what like you with my eating habits and gained a lot of weight eating feel good food but when the doctor ordered me to go to the ER do to developing sugar and heart problems I decided not to be a victim and change my eating habits. It has not been easy giving up foods I have ate all my life but I want to live a little longer and I've seen the ravages that diabetes can do to the body and I made up my mind this isn't going to be me.
It's easier then you think to lose weight and you don't have to live in a gym exercising to do it. Just cut out white floor food  products and white potatoes along with high sugar foods especially those with High fructose corn syrup sweeteners, fruit juices, the amount you eat each meal and eat plenty of veggies each day. I also eat all types of meat not just fish and poultry.
A ten minute walk around the house or neighborhood will due for the exercise.
So you see I have done nothing radical to lower my blood sugar. 
TD

badsection

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »
Both my parents and my grandfather were diabetic. Knowing the diet from that experience made it simple to know for me.  :)