Spike Camp

Weatherby Move

Weatherby Move
« on: June 14, 2018, 01:35:16 PM »
Called Weatherby to talk to the Cusom Shop and asked the nice lady that answered the phone when they were moving.She said some parts like sales,accounting,Custom Shop were transitioning now and might be set up by the end of this month but production wouldn't be until the first of 2019.She said sadly she wouldn't be making the move because she was a Cali girl and had her family there.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Re: Weatherby Move
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:46:47 PM »
I wonder how many staff will be making the trip and how many new hires they will have to take on. This must be a very stressful time for the Weatherby family and there staff.
I wish them well....
Thanks for the update Roger

Terry
Ontario,Canada........yours to discover

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 02:05:05 PM »
I wonder how many staff will be making the trip and how many new hires they will have to take on. This must be a very stressful time for the Weatherby family and there staff.
I wish them well....
Not just Weatherby, imagine their suppliers, shippers and probably a hundred others!

Terry

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
I wish them well....
Not just Weatherby, imagine their suppliers, shippers and probably a hundred others!

Terry

Just think, they can all thank the California state government for all of it. Plus, the California state government is probably proud they ran a gun manufacturer out of their state. BRILLIANT!
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »
It's nice to see that they're starting to move but I feel bad for the employees who can't move with them.  I'd love to work for them by my problem is my parent's are elderly and I have to help them besides not seeing their grandchilderen would kill them. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 05:35:19 AM »
I am sure it is a tough decision to move with the job, if possible, or stay and find a new one. Out of this, there will be new blood brought into producing the top quality Weatherby rifles we all want, and for that new gunsmith/machinist, it would be a great thing. It will be fun to track the new products out of Wyoming Weatherby.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 07:40:15 PM »
I feel for those who can't move with Weatherby, and it's understandable. I would write my elected official, to say "thank you for running a company out of the state" in a not so nice way. 

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 07:21:07 AM »
On the other side of the coin, there may be more than a few employees that have been wanting to escape Kommiefornia, but didn't want to leave Weatherby. For them, the move would be a huge blessing. I absolutely would love to go work for them, but have family and commitments here in Texas. If the state of choice had been Texas, I would have applied immediately. I wish Weatherby huge success in Wyoming.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 09:01:01 AM »
Weatherby must be happier by the day that they are getting the hell out of CA. The stinking crap there continues to get deeper for gun owners, as I have seen recently. Here's just one example of their continued attack on the 2nd:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180629/california-doj-s-bullet-button-assault-weapon-registration-webpage-continually-crashing-and-preventing-gun-owners-from-complying-with-california-law
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »
I'd love to see them make a video of the new building and be able to see where our beloved guns are made.  I wonder if they're still going to give tours to people who come to visit them.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 10:29:24 AM »
I talked to the Custom Shop lately and they are saying production may start there sometime in March now.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 04:52:52 AM »
I am glad my favorite rifle manufacturer is being led by someone who cares about the products, the company, and the workers. I have always wondered why any business would stay in that state. WY is a great move for them, and I wish them all the luck in the world.
Ken 
Respect the game, respect the hunt.