Spike Camp

Sounds like Weatherby is going to get more involved on Facebook

The following post was made on Facebook Weatherby Rifles.Maybe some of the Weatherby guys will participate here also.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
Re: Sounds like Weatherby is going to get more involved on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:24:57 AM »
Hey, the more the merrier over here no doubt, but we got Jamison.... no way them Facebook guys can compete with that level of cool! 
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:26:04 AM »
Hey, the more the merrier over here no doubt, but we got Jamison.... no way them Facebook guys can compete with that level of cool!

Ya and Badsection as well ;) 8)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 08:15:24 AM »
I've been seeing more Weatherby involvement on Facebook already and it would be interesting having them more involved in some of the Nation discussions too. Thanks for sharing the good news Roger.
Doug

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 08:52:08 AM »
I do Twitter. I don’t do Facebook. They post things time to time on there as well but looks like they are more involved with the Facebook followers. My guess more followers? Either one is not gun lovers.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 09:56:33 AM »
I'm all for supporting Weatherby, but facebook is one place I have always refused to go (and always will), especially with their sneaky B.S. stuff exposed earlier this year, plus the fact that we have Weatherby Nation to talk all things Weatherby and whatever else comes to mind. There's a great bunch of guys (and a few gals) here, to boot.
Come and take it.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 10:16:21 AM »
I like to see them getting involved more and hope they become more involved here also.  After all this is their site and we don't have to deal with the Facebook anti-gun crew.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

badsection

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 03:54:05 PM »

Ya and Badsection as well ;) 8)

;D  If I was running a business rather than giving everybody the business, I focus on what medium sold guns, too. They fully know we are addicts!

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 03:54:16 PM »
Yes I got seduced to the dark side and started using facebook about 12 months ago. I only use it to follow hunting and shooting related stuff. There is actually several Weatherby facebook pages. One just for us Aussies too.
Unfortunately it is the way things are going. There is a much wider range of followers on there. Especially with the younger generation.
But I find all you guys and gals on here to be a touch more personal and much more enjoyable to use. So you won't see me leaving here anytime.
Aussie gun nut.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 04:11:31 PM »
Like Chris said, I also use Twitter. I follow WBY on there but they are not very active. I get them putting resources into Facebook, it is almost  ubiquitous in our culture at this point. I had a Facebook page in college and I’m sure it still exists, but I haven’t been on it in well over a decade.

I did decide it might be a good hiring tool for work several months back and got one of our younger employees to make the company a page. I looked at it for about 10 mins total before deciding I wanted no part in managing it. A lot of people love it though, to each their own. I’m with BB too concerning liking the more personable feel of The Nation. I think it really cuts down on the new phenomenon of “keyboard warriors.”

And, like I said, We got Jamison. It’s one thing to ask a WBY rep about a scope mounting issue or a muzzlebreak, it’s a completely different thing all together when A.J. from Simon & Simon tells you that’s a fine elk you took last time out. I don’t care who you are, that’s cool!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 04:22:21 PM »
You know how the saying goes "Never say never"? Well that's facebook for me.Never!
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 08:38:49 PM »
I do not do and will not do FB.  My wife does, and that is enough for me.  ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »
Also I don't think I have ever seen a Adam Weatherby or even a Weatherby worker/Rep answer peoples questions or problems on facebook personally. But they are regular contributors on here. Especially if someone has a problem with their rifle.
I just seen on another thread about a new Weatherby owner and new to the Nation that Adam took the time out to welcome him! Doubt one would get that on facebook...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:43:24 PM by BB340 »
Aussie gun nut.