Spike Camp

Just got my 1st Weatherby

Re: Just got my 1st Weatherby
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2018, 05:34:33 PM »
Leupold answered my email finally, and said it will be another 2-4 weeks due to summer vacations. I guess I can't complain, as they are fixing it for free. Hopefully my next post will be of some tiny groups!!!!

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2018, 07:37:58 PM »
Leupold answered my email finally, and said it will be another 2-4 weeks due to summer vacations. I guess I can't complain, as they are fixing it for free. Hopefully my next post will be of some tiny groups!!!!

I like your attitude, and +1 on some small groups!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2018, 08:33:11 PM »

Good hear someone having patience. I get sick of hearing people whinge about things not getting done on time. But they don't really give the companies enough lead way. So what if they run a few weeks over the expected date? I say give them their time to do the job and do it properly. 
Aussie gun nut.

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2018, 04:24:42 AM »
We live in a world where folks  impatiently wait for the microwave to cook their food
Mike

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »
Got my scope back today, and just finished mounting it! I'm taking a day off this week to get it sighted in. Leupold sent a letter saying they replaced the objective assembly, reworked erector system, replaced erector spring, replaced eyepeice assembly, replaced windage adjustment, replaced elevation adjustment, and did a complete internal inspection. The only issue I have is, before the scope had adjustment knobs I could turn with my fingers. Now, they are slotted, so I'll need a coin or something to make adjustments. At least I have it back, and I can't wait to shoot it!!!! I also found a 50mm 2 1/2" sunshade for $5 at a pawn shop that I couldn't pass up. I will post some pics after I hit the range!

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2018, 04:45:23 PM »
Well, it looks like I won't make it to the range until I get to California. I've got so much to get done for the move. Once I'm settled in, I will hit a range & get it sighted in. I've been picking up a little ammo here & there, and have 6 boxes. Can't wait to go shooting!!!!!!!

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2018, 06:08:15 PM »
Well, it looks like I won't make it to the range until I get to California. I've got so much to get done for the move. Once I'm settled in, I will hit a range & get it sighted in. I've been picking up a little ammo here & there, and have 6 boxes. Can't wait to go shooting!!!!!!!

Good luck with everything and give us a report when you get out to put a few on paper!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....