Spike Camp

My kind of place

My kind of place
« on: July 10, 2018, 07:19:54 PM »
I travel to Dallas Texas regularly, and we usually stop at Collin Street Bakery in Corsicana to take a leak and grab something to eat. They've had this signage in the front window for years and I finally got around to taking a picture. It basically says come on in with your (legally carried) guns, all good. I don't know why the picture turned sideways here.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.

Re: My kind of place
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 07:39:49 PM »
+1 DW.When I go through there I will definitely stop and give them my business.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 08:48:16 PM »
More places should have this kind of stand-by security system. That kind of sign is a bigger deterrent to thieves and nut cases than one that says Protected by ADT.
DosEquisShooter

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 09:53:10 PM »
The auto repair shop in my hometown has a similar sign. One next to it is something like “Be prepared to discuss the benefits of the 2nd Amendment” and yes, they get my businesses.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

Weatherby-SL

• Tony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 04:43:36 AM »
Love that place. When I lived in Texas (Joshua) I visited them each Christmas for their world famous fruit cake. Even people who hate fruit cake, love theirs. We still order online.

Glad they support those of us who carry. We should support them: https://www.collinstreet.com/

We have several shops in our town that display the same type of message and there are a few restaurants that serve free meals to us veterans on Veterans Day. These are folks we support all year 'round.

Thanks for the pics!

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 08:16:38 AM »
Roger, they're right on I-45 on the northbound side as you come into Corsicana. Exit 229, by the tall Home Depot sign. I get sent their Christmas stuff from my Mom too, including some great coffee. There is a lumber company in Houston called Stahlman that has a sign authorizing customers to shoot any robbers, LOL.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.