Spike Camp

Some More Game Cam Pics

DW5

• View Profile
Some More Game Cam Pics
« on: July 16, 2018, 01:47:30 PM »
Finally some antler development. Hopefully they keep growing! (SD Card 1 of 3)
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

Re: Some More Game Cam Pics
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 01:59:10 PM »
Cool Pix!  :)

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:02:18 PM »
Here I have several deer back at this location in daytime hours in what seems to be a decent while. Especially with this spot, which is my main "hog" spot, I seem to notice a sharp drop off in deer activity when the pig numbers swell. What are yall's experiences with pigs effecting deer behavior? I've seen it where it doesn't seem to matter at all and they mill about together, and I've seen (more so lately) where the deer seem to scoot off right before a pig comes out. I've also seen some instances, this particular spot included, where long term pig presence seems to greatly diminish the deer activity in the area. The mature boars seem like they definitely run them off more. (SD card 2 of 3)

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 02:25:38 PM »
Lots of hogs usually mean less deer in my experiences.Can you tell from the Picts certain deer and how much angler growth is with that individual?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 02:56:18 PM »
Lots of hogs usually mean less deer in my experiences.Can you tell from the Picts certain deer and how much angler growth is with that individual?

Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. depend on the size/uniqueness of the deer and the time of year. This time of year tends to be easier to tell antler growth.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 03:01:38 PM »
Here is a wide buck, what seems to be a 9pt, some crazy antler growth, what I think is some sort of healed up wound on a doe, and a couple of healthy bucks that hopefully continue to grow... (miss post for the healed up doe, will include on next post)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 03:03:19 PM by DW5 »

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 03:08:34 PM »
Here is the pig I shot in last video, a doe that I think was injured in a fence??, a big spike, and I seemed to have miss labeled the healed up doe... I'll have to re find those pics...

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 06:39:48 PM »
You seem to have some good deer, and some of those bucks look like possible shooters.  Congrats!!!

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 07:16:37 PM »
You seem to have some good deer, and some of those bucks look like possible shooters.  Congrats!!!

Will be interesting to see what they look like once the velvet is off. Hard to know what a 2 year old 8pt will look like the next year but as of now I donít really think I recognize any of these bucks from last year.

The one young wide one looks awfully familiar to a couple of generations of wide 7pts we had running around for several years that werenít the largest bucks antlerwise but were dominant. Hadnít seen one in about 3 years though.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 12:32:38 PM »
Here is the doe wit some sort of mark on her, basically right in the area you would think a hunter would be shooting at... I'm not sure what it is...

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
The only deer I ever saw with a mark like that had broken off broad head  in it. Nice pix!   :)

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »
The only deer I ever saw with a mark like that had broken off broad head  in it. Nice pix!   :)

Exactly what I was thinking. But I honestly have no idea. No signs of anything on the opposite side of her.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 03:32:48 PM »

Exactly what I was thinking. But I honestly have no idea. No signs of anything on the opposite side of her.

It's the only thing that will make a mark with size like that IMO. A 12 gauge slug will, but the deer ain't walking away from a 74 caliber slug in the backbone.  :)

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 03:54:29 PM »
Pretty much the reason I suspected a bow... figured someone on here would have encountered it before.  :D

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 03:26:05 AM »
Looks like an arrow pass through spot.Seen many that heal up and the deer live on,but that spot will always be there
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.