Spike Camp

I did not know that "they" are putting chips in our tires

musicman

• View Profile
I did not know that "they" are putting chips in our tires
« on: July 17, 2018, 11:00:47 PM »
IF the linked article is indeed factual, this bothers me.  Tire manufacturers supposedly have started putting "chips" in tires..  They say that this is a GREAT way for the manufacturers and dealers to "keep track" of them; to know where they are in a warehouse, or in storage facility, etc.  Isn't that a GREAT idea........  I also have some ocean front property in Arizona that I am selling really cheap.  With a chip in your tires, guess who can track ANYWHERE you go, and how long you stay there.  They can track how many miles you drive, and how fast you drive.  Remember a couple of months ago, when Nancy Pelosi and some of her swine ilk, suggested taxing people by how many miles they drive.  This would make it really easy for the Government to determine that.  I concur with the author of the linked article below.  This is specifically and ONLY, to allow the Government or some other group, to track you.  Your car insurance company can track how fast you drive, or if you stop at liquor stores often.  Stores can track where you go shopping.  A private eye hired by your spouse can track if you have been at some stray woman's house for an hour or two every afternoon instead of playing golf, like you told your wife.  Local LEO can determine if you speed a lot when on the road.  And then they can be alerted when you are headed somewhere, and be waiting for you.  I am sure the LEO will at some point say, "Oh, if your car is stolen, this will allow us to find it for you quickly."  And as the Government ALWAYS claims, "it is for your SAFETY."  Yeah, right.  But putting them in the tires is very clever.  If you put a chip just about anywhere else on a car, a person with the right sensing tools might be able to find it, and remove it.  But in a tire; if you dig around for it, you are potentially damaging it enough to have a flat at some point.  I know millions of people chip their pets, which I think is good.  I was under the impression that you can chip your kid, as a measure if they are ever missing for some reason.  I guess you can put a chip in anything.  But I think that chipping a private citizen's vehicle tires, is something that somebody is going to take advantage of.  And you may think I am paranoid, but I BET, that many electronic devices made overseas, have a similar chip in them, that would allow somebody to access your computer, phone, or whatever.... just in case they needed to.  MM

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018/07/13/chipped-tires/

eford

• View Profile
Re: I did not know that "they" are putting chips in our tires
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 02:30:40 AM »
Several years ago I had a Suburban LT that needed new tires and valve stems. The guy taking care of us at the tire store said the chips in the wheels needed to be replaced. It had something to do with the onboard computer monitoring of vehicle operations. I didn’t think about how it could be used to track where you go, but the On Star system uses a satellite link to pinpoint the location in case you need help. Next time I get tires I will ask about the wheel chip.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

dixie1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 04:28:41 AM »
right now they don't do it. BUT it is easy to start if they have the chip id to start doing it in the future. just like all the cameras on the stop lights and freeways.

badsection

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 04:40:25 AM »
They can track us by our phones, using them or just carrying them.  The amount of information "they" can gather about us is staggering and mostly useless.  :)

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 08:13:00 AM »
Interesting article. I'm going to have a look at my tires. As far as phones go, I always keep all that location crap turned off at all times.
Come and take it.

galamb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »
I work for one of the largest (by volume) tire retailers in Canada.

I "wish" there was chips in the tires (which would most likely be "rfid" tags) so that they could be easily located.

Yes, most tires now include "pressure monitor chips", which are actually on the rim, not the tire itself and they do send a signal to the monitoring system to tell you when the tire is low (actually part of the emissions checking system since low tires cause you to burn more gas).

Tires do have a unique "DOT" number printed in the rubber - when decoded gives all kinds of info about where/when it was made.

But unless they are keeping these "tracking chips" so ultra secret that only the guys in the black vans know about them, this sounds like another tin foil hat theory.

Besides, unless they were somehow "powered", they would be passive chips (like the ones you put in your dog or cat) and would require the "tracker" to be within a few feet at most to detect it.
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!

Stacy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 10:09:11 AM »
I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If big government wants to find you...they can. The technology in use today is astounding.

Even the tinfoil hat I sleep in won't stop the government mind control rays from penetrating my skull.  And the voices, oh, the voices, don't even get me started on the voices in my head!  ;D   

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 07:30:53 PM »
I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If big government wants to find you...they can. The technology in use today is astounding.

Even the tinfoil hat I sleep in won't stop the government mind control rays from penetrating my skull.  And the voices, oh, the voices, don't even get me started on the voices in my head!  ;D   

Hang on a minute.... Are you saying the voices I am hearing are put in my head by the government?! So all this time I thought I was going crazy but it's the government that I'm hearing???  :o
Aussie gun nut.

badsection

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 06:25:01 AM »

Copper hats work better!  As for the voices, I just ignore them most of the time.   :)

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »

Hang on a minute.... Are you saying the voices I am hearing are put in my head by the government?! So all this time I thought I was going crazy but it's the government that I'm hearing???  :o

Absolutely. I say you should never attribute something to your own insanity that can easily be explained by governmental conspiracy.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

badsection

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 03:16:07 PM »
I actually did keep waking up hearing voices. The goofy neighbor was turning on  the TV with CNN at 0330 with the set full blast on the screened in porch.  Several  neighbors took to shooting that TV with a "loaned out" pellet gun so it was never from the same angle.  Yes, if some "authority" wants info on you, they will get it. Watch the movie "Enemy of the State" or "Patriot's Day" to learn what "they" can actually see.  The single outrageous part of "Enemy of the State" is the good guys winning. The single outrageous thing in "Patriot's Day" was the governor shutting down the entire city, showing exactly what power "they" have. Paranoia is a learned thing!  :)