Spike Camp

I will never ever buy a weatherby product again.

I will never ever buy a weatherby product again.
« on: July 26, 2018, 01:46:51 PM »
I am so incredibly frustrated with Weatherby.  Over 5 1/2 months ago I send them an email through their website asking them for a warranty RMA.  The rifle in question is a Mark V 300WM - Weathermark.

I bought the rifle brand new Q1 of 2017. While it worked it was a pretty decent rifle.

Then 5 1/2 months ago my front sling attachment broke off, and the stock started caving in a place where the trigger hand goes. When they created the stock it apparently had several empty air voids in it.

The email through their website was ignored, I send another email - also ignored. Left them several voice messages over a 5 week period. All ignored.

And then finally magically somebody actually answered the phone gave me an RMA and I send it the rifle. Several weeks go by and I get a call (They deflected my questions why it took that long to get them to respond), yes it is all a warranty repair and would I like to have it fixed (well, that is what I send it in for wasn't it????) I okayed the repair and I asked them to put a muzzle break on it as well.   They informed me that it was 270 or so dollars and a 12 week (!!!!) wait on that.  I asked them if they were joking. But apparently, they were not so I said fine please go ahead and do that.

That was 2 1/2 months ago, and last week I started calling them pretty much every other day asking me the state of the rifle. (By now this total adventure has taken 5 1/2 months)

Every call has gone unanswered.

And I just left them a really angry message.

This was my first Weatherby, and this will be my last Weatherby.  I have never dealt with any company that has such abhorrent service. Or ever owned a rifle that had this much problems.

Maybe next time they don't put a fortune in an insanely large booth at shot show but instead, put the money where it is needed - Which is their QA and service department.

Everybody has a bad day so I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my friend who has a vanguard that he had to send in for warranty work had a very similar experience.  No responses to calls or emails for weeks and over 3 months to get his rifle back.

When (or better if) I get the rifle back it will be replaced with probably a Sako.

I am sorry that the tone of this post is the way it is but Weatherby lost a customer in me.

Regards,

Aiden.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:47:37 PM by slike »

224KING

• View Profile
Re: I will never ever buy a weatherby product again.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 05:15:41 PM »
You need to call them.They are closed on Friday.Call Monday.They will fix your problem if you haven't done something to alter the rifle.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »
Since last week Thursday, I have called them 3 times, left a message each time and have not heard a peep out of them.

When I did talk to them 2 1/2 months ago they agreed it was a warranty job and that they would fix it.

Their service is the worst of any firearm manufacturer I have ever dealt with.

Stacy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 10:57:35 PM »
I'd say your experiences are uncharacteristic of Weatherby. I'm at a loss to explain it. Their Accubrakes are first rate as I have one on my Vanguard Submoa 338 WM but my local smith can install KDF brakes which are also excellent in a much shorter time than you were quoted by Weatherby. Since you've decided this will be your last Weatherby, how about listing your Weathermark here for sale and give one of us a chance at buying it?

The Sako 85 is an excellent rifle, just be aware there have been some ejection issues with long action calibers as the ejector is located in an unusual location. Sako (Beretta) will not replace a rifle which ejects empty cases into the scope turret causing them to drop back down into the action. They will tell you to change scopes to one with different turrets. You can Google this problem for more info.  Good hunting!   

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 05:25:15 AM »
Hang on...you spoke with them 2.5mo ago, and they told you 12 weeks lead time? And here, about 10 weeks later, you're pissed off that they're not done with your rifle? While I understand the issue of frustration, your expectations were set at 12wks. Why are you now angry they're not done in less time?
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 01:12:03 PM »
It is unfortunate that your are not please with your Weatherby.  But, I can assure you that any manufacturer will have issues, regardless of cost.  Weatherby is going through a huge move from Kalifornia to Wyoming.  Not making excuses for them, but maybe this could possibly be the issue of why they are not reaching out to you. 

Not sure if you are aware of this, but your stock has a full length aluminum bedding block, and unless these "empty air voids" are around the aluminum bedding, I do not see where this could be an issue.   

Weatherby is a top notch company, and they back up their product.  If you look in this forum, you'll see where Weatherby will/has made it right every time.  Give them the time they told you it would take to get your rifle fixed, and you'll see.  We also ask you to stop by here once you have your rifle fixed.  We see a lot of individuals like you who will stop by and bash Weatherby, but not never stop by again to either say if the rifle/shotgun was fixed to their satisfaction.  If anyone from Weatherby reads this post, I can assure you that the owner will be reaching out to you. 

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »
Hang on...you spoke with them 2.5mo ago, and they told you 12 weeks lead time? And here, about 10 weeks later, you're pissed off that they're not done with your rifle? While I understand the issue of frustration, your expectations were set at 12wks. Why are you now angry they're not done in less time?

No, I am upset that they are responding to me in any way.  I was not expecting the rifle to be done since they quoted 12 weeks. I wanted to get an update on the status since it is approaching 12 weeks.

My frustration is that they have ignored all my phone calls, and my frustration is that it took about 2 months to get them to get me an RMA because they ignored all means by me to communicate with them as well.

It is very simple, I am a customer - I contact you on a service/warranty repair -  If you would respond to me and say "We are still working on it, and it is going to take X" then I would be happy as a clam.

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 12:01:02 PM »
I can see why you would be Pi$#@& about that. I think It would only take a quick email or phone call to customers like yourself to give updates and people would be much more patient with the process.

I understand that in the middle of a move, folks who normally are doing just that are probably busy gettiing things setup at the new location. Also, They may be losing some personnel who may not be willing to make the move to Wyoming.

I'm not making excuses for them, just that I can see why these things happen.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 02:23:48 PM »
I have had a much different experience with my weatherby interactions.  I bought a rifle brand new in June and have not been able to figure out why it shoots to the right (I run out of left adjustment).  I called weatherby one time and the gentleman on the phone told me to try different mounts and scope before sending the rifle in for inspection.

I did that, so I called weatherby again because the issue didn't go away.  I was told to send my rifle in for inspection.  I had a return label within a couple hours, an RMA, and the direct phone number of the guy I talked to.

They have had my rifle for a couple weeks now and they are still trying to figure out the issue--but I call the CS rep and he  always answers or I hear back before the end of the day IF i had to leave a message.

I also asked about the brake getting added while they had it-- same answer.  12 weeks current lead time, which might vary.  I told them no thank you.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:38:07 AM by drtony »

Nahash

• My First Weatherby 257 MAG
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 08:48:37 AM »
Since last week Thursday, I have called them 3 times, left a message each time and have not heard a peep out of them.

When I did talk to them 2 1/2 months ago they agreed it was a warranty job and that they would fix it.

Their service is the worst of any firearm manufacturer I have ever dealt with.

I called them too and they always have a machine that answers and never call back.
Left them many recorded messages with no answer !!!
That is not a service!!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 09:53:44 AM »
Hey Gang maybe I shouldn't comment but I have had a similar experience myself about a month ago I called Weatherby seeking information on Accubrakes I spoke with the pleasant Gal that wont be making the move to Wyoming. She explained what is going and transferred me to the new location. I spoke with a man who didn't have an answer for me but assured me I would get a call back likely in an hour. 2 days later I hadn't heard anything so I called back same process except after transfer I got voicemail left a message explaining my conversation 2 days earlier and to date I have not had a return call. Am I going to stop buying weatherbys hell no am I perfect hell no again should I have got a return call from them likely but they have allot going on is that a good excuse likely not but it was just a phone call.
Mark V Deluxe 416
Mark V Accumark 340
Mark V Arroyo R/C 300
Mark V Deluxe 270
Mark V Synthetic 257
Mark V Outfitter R/C 240
Mark V Varmintmaster 224
Mark V Varmintmaster 22-250
Vangaurd S2 375H&H
Vangaurd S2 Bonz 223

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 07:01:36 PM »
Gents, do not rule out Weatherby because you have not received a call from them, that is not the way they do business.  Please understand that moving one company from one state to another is a big, no it's a huge move, and that is probably what's happening.  It's not uncommon for Adam Weatherby to post on this forum, and when they read this post, I know someone from Weatherby will reply and make it right.  I understand it's frustrating, but they stand behind their products, and they will make it right.  Please be patient.   

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
Very surprising given that EVERY experience I've had with Weatherby staff has been exemplary.

Now, a couple things ...

1) Without making too much of this, Weatherby has been in the process of moving its entire operation from Paso Robles, CA to Sheridan, WY.  Not sure of the OP's timing here, but the move has to have an impact on work flow, which dept. is moving when and so on.  The Weatherby site said the Sheridan HQ is "Coming in 2019" but I get the impression The Weatherbys (Ed and Adam) are moving with great speed to get out of Paso Robles.  Point being, maybe cut 'em a little slack?

2)  I've worked on and off with a great company called Red Hawk Rifles out of Grand Junction, CO.  They used to be a HUGE Bell & Carlson stock dealer, but have stopped carrying the line due to issues with B&C quality and poor service resolving customer issues.  While I've personally never had a problem with a B&C stock, one wonders if the OP might be a "victim" of some of B&C's quality problems.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:16:57 PM by Badgerland Hunter »
Roy was a genius.  Period.

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 02:59:43 PM »
What is the fundamental purpose of the original post?

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 05:38:55 PM »
What is the fundamental purpose of the original post?

So he can tell us that his rifle has a  warranty issue that they are fixing, and that he is adding a muzzle brake that they told him would take 12 weeks and it is taking 12 weeks. Also that his friends repair took 12 weeks!

Mike