Spike Camp

I will never ever buy a weatherby product again.

Re: I will never ever buy a weatherby product again.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »

The original poster was pretty clear (me btw) The poster did not have an issue with the 12 weeks (as the poster clarified).

The original poster was not even upset that the rifle had warranty issues.

The original poster was (and still is) upset that;

1)  It took them 2 months to get them to respond to my warranty claim and send me an RMA.
2)  They have ignored all my attempts to contact them for now over 12 weeks (imagine that, it is now actually 12 weeks)
3)   In the last 3 weeks, they have ignored 7 phone calls and 3 emails.
4)   It now has been over 5+ months to get to this point.
5)   A close personal friend of mine send in his vanguard for a warranty repair in February, and it took them 4 months to get him the rifle back.

And based on some of the responses above I am not alone.

If you all feel that I am unreasonable than your expectations of acceptable customer service is clearly different from mine.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 12:31:02 PM »
Yes, yes, we understand. You hate Weatherby products and service (due to your customer service experience).

And yet, my experience has been markedly different, even within the last few weeks. So please, by all means, do not buy another Weatherby. But be sure to come back here and post your service experiences with Remington (where it's likely to take eight to twelve months to have your rifle returned), Browning/Winchester (where it took me several months and numerous attempts to be told the rifle I had in my hands didnt have the parts which were broken in my hands, and they wouldn't ship those parts to me), or Beretta/Tikka (when your rifle breaks, you can't get replacement parts and the rifle is just unusable). I won't hold my breath, though.

Enjoy. And by all means, go now before you change your mind.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 08:17:00 PM »
A big +1 dubyam.
Aussie gun nut.

Fotis

• μολὼν λαβέ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 08:28:26 AM »
Best customer support I ever got myself!

This does not sound like weatherby!
"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 03:23:11 PM »
A big +2 Dubyam

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 05:51:17 PM »
+3 Dubyam!  I've avoided commenting on this topic and trust me I've been itchin to big time.  Lots of guys on here know I'm a straight shooter, call it the way I see it, am not subtle, and don't mince words.  I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt about the stock issues even though I'm extremely skeptical about everything he said however I don't believe a word he said about Weatherby's Customer Service.  We all know how Weatherby does business, they stand behind their products 100% and they don't let the phone ring off the hook while they sit there and watch it ring.  They set the standard for other companies to strive for and lots don't hold a candle to them.  His claims scream B.S. and he's just trying to stir the pot to cause arguments.  We've seen gems like this before and sadly we'll certainly see them again.  So on that note I'll just say this, I'm not going to loose any sleep because he doesn't like Weatherby or won't buy any of their products again but one thing's for sure, we, the loyal Weatherby customers who love their products will continue to support Weatherby in word, spirit, and with our money and make up for him not buying anything.  Beyond that hopefully since he dislikes Weatherby so much he'll delete his account and leave us here in peace.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 03:14:38 PM »
slike, I took the liberty to copy and past the reply from Adam Weatherby that he posted on another post.  Please read it, and see for yourself, and let us know where you'll have the owner of the company take the time from their busy schedule to reply to a post.  I do hope that when Weatherby fixes your rifle, you come back to say that your rifle it indeed fixed.  And if you are still unhappy with your Weatherby, post it here, and we'll get it off your hand. 

"Thanks for the original post danno50.  Relocating a 73 year old family business ain't for sissies...that's for sure.  I appreciate your understanding.  I am confident that we are going to come out much stronger on the other side.  Saying goodbye to the regulations, unnecessary operating expenses, taxes, etc... in California are only going to help us.  Combine that with a new strong team in a 2A friendly state and you will have a much better Weatherby.  The future is bright for the flying W.

As far as customer service...we lost a lot of great people that weren't able to make the move.  We have hired a few really good new people, in addition to some good longterm folks that relocated.  The new people are coming up to speed fast in Wyoming but we still have a few hires to go to really be up to speed.  So, we do appreciate your patience and understanding.  As you can imagine, we don't just hire anyone.  We are looking for those who truly align with our values.

As far as production...it is still in Paso Robles, CA until next March/April when it all moves to Sheridan.  It is going strong and we have a lot of good employees sticking with us to the end and some good ones planning to move with us as well.  We are cranking out some good stuff and have some great plans for new product development in the next couple years from Wyoming. 

All in all, this is going to "Make Weatherby Great Again" (I couldn't resist).  Thanks for hanging with us all these years.  We appreciate each of you on the Nation. 

Keep riding for the W brand.

Adam "

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2018, 12:17:09 PM »
+3 Dubyam!  I've avoided commenting on this topic and trust me I've been itchin to big time.  Lots of guys on here know I'm a straight shooter, call it the way I see it, am not subtle, and don't mince words.  I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt about the stock issues even though I'm extremely skeptical about everything he said however I don't believe a word he said about Weatherby's Customer Service.  We all know how Weatherby does business, they stand behind their products 100% and they don't let the phone ring off the hook while they sit there and watch it ring.  They set the standard for other companies to strive for and lots don't hold a candle to them.  His claims scream B.S. and he's just trying to stir the pot to cause arguments.  We've seen gems like this before and sadly we'll certainly see them again.  So on that note I'll just say this, I'm not going to loose any sleep because he doesn't like Weatherby or won't buy any of their products again but one thing's for sure, we, the loyal Weatherby customers who love their products will continue to support Weatherby in word, spirit, and with our money and make up for him not buying anything.  Beyond that hopefully since he dislikes Weatherby so much he'll delete his account and leave us here in peace.

It is nice to see that you do not believe a thing I wrote, and I am here to stir the pot. I am happy to see you have an open mind in believing that your experiences with Weatherby must be the same as everybody else experience. And anybody that have not had the same experiences is here to stir the pot and is full of BS.

I appreciate it that you turned it into a personal attack on my character!

Adam, truly thank you for copying and posting what the owner of the company said! I will reach out to him and see if he has the time to respond to me. I understand the complexity of moving a company 3 states over and having to hire new people and build up an organization.

Back to the comment of the quote above. It is clear that Weatherby is acknowledging that they have issues and that I am not completely full of BS. Although the opinion has been formed by some here of that about me.

I love the rifle and it has never not killed anything immediately I hunted with the first shot - It consistently dings steel (if I do my job :)) a 1000 yards out, and I really do not care it has warranty issues and to say it again - I do not care it takes 12 weeks to get a muzzle brake installed on it.  The only thing I care about is that still (till this day) Weatherby has not responded to my inquiries to the state of my rifle. Which makes my experience with Weatherby customer service a very poor one.

So if that undermines the views and believes of other people on this board, then that really is not my problem.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:25:39 PM by slike »

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 08:34:27 PM »
I have to keep calling until I get a live person as they have never returned my calls or e-mails. I wrote a letter to Adam Weatherby earlier this year but of course I never received a reply. This doesn't surprise me since he didn't have to compete to get the job and won't have to compete to keep it.   

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 08:36:56 PM »
That's interesting. I emailed Adam Weatherby just a few weeks ago, and got a reply within 24hrs.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 07:16:45 AM »
I think I know why you're having problems. They are in the process of moving to Wyoming. Their admin functions are moving first then their gunsmithing. The gunsmithing is still in Palos Verdes and backlogged. I was just given an estimate of 6 months for a rebarrel. Their website has gone through a complete transformation and has had some serious hiccups. It is improving though so that's a plus. This is huge endeavor for any company and my speculation is that they are attempting to put Weatherby back on the map as the premier hunting rifle while also venturing into other rifle types. I don't know the exact reason they pulled the Vanguards out of Walmart but I suspect they were cheapening the brand name and hurting the company.

Overall, I suspect that they are trying to get back to their roots when the Weatherby rifle was the finest rifle available. That in itself can be an seemingly unsurmountable task but I for one, really would like to see it happen. I am willing to overlook the difficulties they are having because I do see progress being made and it is in the right direction.

In otherwords, those that do not give up on Weatherby may find great rewards in the future. No, I am not affiliated with them in any way.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member
Retired in the Nevada high desert and loving life.

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 08:25:16 AM »
That's interesting. I emailed Adam Weatherby just a few weeks ago, and got a reply within 24hrs.

Good to hear. Would you mind providing the e-mail address that you used for Adam?

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 08:33:29 AM »
I think I know why you're having problems. They are in the process of moving to Wyoming. Their admin functions are moving first then their gunsmithing. The gunsmithing is still in Palos Verdes and backlogged. I was just given an estimate of 6 months for a rebarrel. Their website has gone through a complete transformation and has had some serious hiccups. It is improving though so that's a plus. This is huge endeavor for any company and my speculation is that they are attempting to put Weatherby back on the map as the premier hunting rifle while also venturing into other rifle types. I don't know the exact reason they pulled the Vanguards out of Walmart but I suspect they were cheapening the brand name and hurting the company.

Overall, I suspect that they are trying to get back to their roots when the Weatherby rifle was the finest rifle available. That in itself can be an seemingly unsurmountable task but I for one, really would like to see it happen. I am willing to overlook the difficulties they are having because I do see progress being made and it is in the right direction.

In otherwords, those that do not give up on Weatherby may find great rewards in the future. No, I am not affiliated with them in any way.

Everything you said might be true. But action speaks louder than words.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »

Good to hear. Would you mind providing the e-mail address that you used for Adam?

I contacted him via the direct email link on his profile here on this forum.

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2018, 04:42:32 PM »
I can't speak for anyone else but for the heck of it I called Weatherby a few times a week for the past four weeks and something unbelievable happened, someone answered the phone each and every time I called during business hours.  I highly doubt that they have my name and phone number saved so they make sure they answer the phone every time I call so it leads to the conclusion that the they never answer the phone is less than truthful.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.