Spike Camp

Weatherby Dream Hunt

Weatherby Dream Hunt
« on: September 05, 2007, 02:05:45 PM »
Tell us your Dream Hunt and it could come true.

Where would you go? Who would go with you? What would you hunt?

Enter our Dream Hunt Contest and you might go from “I’ve always wanted…” to “I can’t believe I won!” Or you could win one of many other great prizes. It’s your “dream” and there’s no purchase required.

To enter the contest, you must visit the Dream Hunt site and fill out an entry form. 

http://www.weatherbydreamhunt.com
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:30:09 AM by webmaster »

Re: Weatherby Dream Hunt
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:03:51 PM »
It would have to be a Rocky Mountain Sheep hunt.  Second choice would be a trophy bull hunt.  This year I'm elk hunting over the counter in my home state of Oregon.  I'll miss next season because of deployments.  But that will give me another point towards a decent tag when I get home.   

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 10:03:08 PM »
Guys,

Make sure you enter your dream hunts in the actual dream hunt website.  Weatherby is going to pick a winner after December 31, 2007 and will award that person with their described Dream Hunt.  This is awesome but you have to enter!  Good luck this season.

www.weatherbydreamhunt.com
"Aim Small, Miss Small"

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »
What a disappointment as a Weatherby owner for 22 years to be denied access to the Weatherby Dream Hunt because I live in Canada. There is no category for Canadian provinces in the mandatory field of "state" on the entry form. Certainly does not make one feel welcome or appreciated as a long time promoter of Weatherby products.
Has this affected anyone else on this web site?
Is there a way around this on the entry form that I have not noticed ?
If we purchase, use and promote Weatherby , why are Weatherby owners outside the U.S. omitted from the contest ?
Not angry .... just frustrated

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 03:17:46 PM »
Lone Pine,

I will most certainly look into this for you.  We do not mean to exclude anyone from participating in the Weatherby dream hunt.  I will get back to you just as soon as I have an answer.  Just give me a little bit of time.  Talk to you soon
"Aim Small, Miss Small"

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 12:23:11 AM »
And please let europe in also, we have also good hunting

se also this trad about weatherby in europe
http://www.weatherbynation.com/spikecamp/conversation/1/234/545/#msg763
Skipper     .378 THE MAGNUM'S MAGNUM           http://www.weatherby.dk  

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »
I signed up for the dream hunt but I couldn't fill in the my 300 wby Vanguard was my favorite rifle.   None of my WBY rifle choices would allow me to put in the caliber, so I couldn't continue.   So .....I had to put in my second favorite rifle which isn't a Weatherby.... it's a Husqvarna 9.3x62

1st choice

2nd choice

Rob

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 11:15:43 AM »
My dream hunt would be to take my father, brother and my best friend whitetail hunting in Alberta,CN. We've talked about it for years, but for one reason or another we could never pull it off. That would be outstanding! ;)

Rob 8)
One shot, one kill.

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 01:06:30 PM »
I signed up for the dream hunt but I couldn't fill in the my 300 wby Vanguard was my favorite rifle.   None of my WBY rifle choices would allow me to put in the caliber, so I couldn't continue.   So .....I had to put in my second favorite rifle which isn't a Weatherby.... it's a Husqvarna 9.3x62

This issue has been addressed and corrected. We apologize for the inconvenience. No need to re-submit. Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 03:10:53 PM by webmaster »

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 11:50:34 PM »
I would love to enter, but every time I make an attempt, I get an error message stating that the script on the page is causing Adobe Flash Player to run slowly.  I then have the option to abort script or continue running it.  Is there a way to correct this? 
A Bad Day of Hunting is Better Than a Good Day at Work

-Dan-

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 02:07:48 PM »
I would love to enter, but every time I make an attempt, I get an error message stating that the script on the page is causing Adobe Flash Player to run slowly.  I then have the option to abort script or continue running it.  Is there a way to correct this?

This issue has been resolved. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your feedback.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 05:35:40 PM »
 I would like to hunt the giant whitetail any where in Canada or the milk river in north west montana.
                                            Whitetail
whitetail

Dream Hunt story
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 12:33:50 PM »
I dream of hunting moose in Alaska all the time.A rough camp,bad weather on foot kind of hunt.I want to hunt with my hunting partner(my daughter) she shoots a accumark300 Weatherby.We allways talk about it.We hunt elk once a year together in Colorado but we always talk about Alaska moose.I have artificial valves on my heart and my days of hunting are on a down hill.I do the best I can to spend time outdoors.The Alaskan hunt is one of my goals to accomplish in next few years.This is my DREAM hunt.

Dream Hunt story
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »
My dream hunt would be to take my stepson, Lane, with me on a whitetail hunt. Lane has just turned nine years old and is showing a great desire to become a hunter. He has shown great skill as a fisherman, conservationist, and a woods savy exployer. I would like to introduce him to hunting on a trophy whitetail hunt. I would like to see Lane take his first buck with my deceased father's old model 94 Winchester in 30-30. I would then like to give the gun to him as part of the memory of the hunt. I look forward to the day when I will give my most prized possession to one of the most important people I will ever know. I would like to share this with Lane and with you. Thanks, Tony

Dream Hunt story
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 12:40:37 PM »
My dream hunt would involve the man who first took me hunting, my father.  It has been a dream of mine as well as my dad's to hunt moose in our last and greatest frontier, Alaska.  Although I have been very lucky and successful in my hunting career, my father has not experienced the same amount of luck.  He has put in the time and the effort, things just never seem to work out.  I also do not get to spend the amount of time I would like hunting with him due to living several hundred miles apart.  I would be my greatest dream to spend a week to 10 day hunt in Alaska for moose, wolf, and or caribou with my dad.  I would be more pleased to see him get something then me.  Just to experience that father-son bonding on a big trip would mean so much to me, especially now when I can appreciate it and while my father is still in good shape/health (he is about 65 yrs old).  Just to be able to surprise him with something like this and to see the look on his face when he would hopefully shoot something would be somethig I look forward to.  I am not good with words, but I am hope that my story is convicing because I mean every word of it.Thanks for your considerationTim