Spike Camp

Jameson????

BB340

• View Profile
Re: Jameson????
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 05:46:11 PM »
It is the way the world is going though unfortunately... Sites like this are a thing of the past (although I much prefer them) and we are now in a world of instant communication.
I do have facebook and am on several Weatherby sites that are on there. But I tend to write more on here than I do on all the Weatherby facebook sites.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 06:39:14 PM »
Pretty sad when a company starts a website and it is populated by it's most ardent supporters and then they abandon us for a more "Popular" site where the trolls run wild ::)

I like the atmosphere here around the campfire in the Nation, no Facebook for me.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 06:54:38 PM »
I'd bet "anyone from Weatherby" all have their hands full on this move.
+1 All of this sounds like fake news to me. ;D
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 07:12:38 PM »
Facebook is the way of the Millenials and they are rhe future so help us God. That's where  companies see profit. Sad!

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 08:01:42 PM »
Facebook is the way of the Millenials and they are rhe future so help us God. That's where  companies see profit. Sad!

Yep you got it. Here in Australia I am appalled at the lack of hunting ethics that some of the youth have today. I have learned thru facebook that there is a large amount of todays "young adults" just don't care about the wildlife or conservation. They think that just because they are hunting a feral pest animal then that gives them the right to just kill them any old how and any old where. They do not recognise trespassing. Believing it's ok just to walk thru someone else's property to shoot an animal. It is sad where they are taking our chosen sport.   
Aussie gun nut.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 07:01:16 AM »
What is the Facebook you speak of???
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »
Dey don't like us no more. :'(
  Yuppers! Weatherby posted on Face book  and Jameson posted a blog. I guess they assume they have us in their back pocket.    :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:37:19 AM by badsection »

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2018, 09:51:25 PM »
I thought Jameson was one of us. But like so many I guess he was only in it for the money. So sad.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2018, 06:55:53 AM »
Just remember Weatherby owns and supports this web site and can pull the plug anytime they want to.
When it starts costing more to support it then what they can get in return it will be gone.
Change and trending times is a way of life but I for one will not follow face book where all your private info is sold to the highest bidder or who ever is willing to pay for it. I don't do or follow twitter either which I consider both sites right down disgusting. JMO
TD

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2018, 02:13:24 PM »
Just remember Weatherby owns and supports this web site and can pull the plug anytime they want to.
When it starts costing more to support it then what they can get in return it will be gone.
Change and trending times is a way of life but I for one will not follow face book where all your private info is sold to the highest bidder or who ever is willing to pay for it. I don't do or follow twitter either which I consider both sites right down disgusting. JMO
I use face book as a way to communicate with my grandson in the USA at Ft Bliss, Texas and 50+year friends in 6 time zones away. Weatherby pull the plug?  There are only a dozen or so "other" rifle/ammo manufacture's sites to carry on our conversations on.  Pissing on your supporters would be a serious mistake. Oops!    ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 02:20:58 PM by badsection »

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
This is the exact reason i was upset with finding out about the move from another social media source.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2018, 05:20:54 PM »
There are couple of new guys with issues with their Weatherbys, and no one here from Weatherby has stopped by to see what it's the issue with those customers.  Maybe FB is more profitable for them, I don't know.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2018, 06:06:56 PM »
  Maybe FB is more profitable for them, I don't know.
[/quote]

The way FB is about guns I doubt it

And wasn't Jameson moving out of Cali too.Not to Wyoming,but to some other state?
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2018, 08:04:38 PM »
Hey guys.  I thought I would chime in.  I moved up to Wyoming a couple of months ago, along with several other employees.  We have been hiring and training a lot of new people as a part of the new Weatherby team. So, we have been up to our eyeballs in alligators.  Longterm, this move is going to be amazing for Weatherby...and its customers.  However, I am not going to lie, it is a ton of work short term.  So, I want to thank you for your patience.  Moving a family business of 73 years 1,000 miles away isn't a cake walk. 

Our "corporate offices" (Sales, marketing, accounting, etc...) are up here in WY while our production, shipping, gunsmithing, etc... remains back in CA.  It will remain like this up until march, 2019 when our new facility is supposed to be done. 

So, with all that said, we do care about all our customers...whether they hang out on Nation, Facebook, Instagram or whatever the newest thing is.  Thanks for hanging with us all these years.  The crew on Nation will always hold a special place with us, no matter the newest digital platform out there. 

Happy Hunting this fall Weatherby Nation,

Adam Weatherby

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2018, 08:47:33 PM »
Thank you Adam.