Spike Camp

new deluxe mark v stock

Eric

• View Profile
new deluxe mark v stock
« on: August 03, 2018, 04:32:54 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has ordered a new wood stock from Weatherby if so does it have any sort of bedding (the green) or is it just wood without the bedding?
Mark V Deluxe 416
Mark V Accumark 340
Mark V Arroyo R/C 300
Mark V Deluxe 270
Mark V Synthetic 257
Mark V Outfitter R/C 240
Mark V Varmintmaster 224
Mark V Varmintmaster 22-250
Vangaurd S2 375H&H
Vangaurd S2 Bonz 223

224KING

• View Profile
Re: new deluxe mark v stock
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 06:58:59 AM »
The "Green" was only used in Japan made era stocks
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 08:11:49 AM »
sorry I used color as an example although looking at a made in USA deluxe rifle the stock complete with green bedding.  regardless of color do replacement stocks from Weatherby have any bedding?
Mark V Deluxe 416
Mark V Accumark 340
Mark V Arroyo R/C 300
Mark V Deluxe 270
Mark V Synthetic 257
Mark V Outfitter R/C 240
Mark V Varmintmaster 224
Vangaurd S2 375H&H
Vangaurd S2 Bonz 223

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 08:30:14 AM »
no weatherby does not bed there actions. The green you see is the cross bolts and the rod that goes through wrist of the stock.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 08:40:15 AM »
great thanks guys
Mark V Deluxe 416
Mark V Accumark 340
Mark V Arroyo R/C 300
Mark V Deluxe 270
Mark V Synthetic 257
Mark V Outfitter R/C 240
Mark V Varmintmaster 224
Vangaurd S2 375H&H
Vangaurd S2 Bonz 223

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »
You likely know this, but any stock can be bedded and certainly with a wood stock, I would recommend it.

Every rifle I own has had some kind of bedding job performed...even HS Precision stocks with aluminum chassis.

Iím not familiar with the ďgreenĒ bedding, but Iím sure if you wanted coloring added to the bedding compound, a good gunsmith would do that for you.
JK

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 09:52:52 AM »
With one exception, my most accurate rifles are bedded. The Sporter stock with my 300 Wby is not bedded. It produces sub MOA groups anyway and any deer Iíve hit with a bullet from that rifle has fallen within a few steps.

The Bell & Carlson stocks have a metallic frame that makes an extraordinary tight fit on the receiver and it can be bedded. You likely wonít gain much but it will help some.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »
no weatherby does not bed there actions. The green you see is the cross bolts and the rod that goes through wrist of the stock.
I know this as my father had an early german mark v just a little newer than badsections 270. My father sent his 300 in to have the trigger shoe installed and when it came back it had the green epoxy and he called weatherby and that is what they told him.
Derrill

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »
in trying not to sound like a dummy Im pretty sure Ive sounded like a dummy. My fingers don't always type my questions clearly. I should have not included a color. I have a broken deluxe stock when I took the stock off the (green bedding or whatever its called) was so tight around the recoil lug it just about didn't come off. So I have ordered a new stock from weatherby and am trying to gauge the work needed if any to make my rifle functional when the stock arrives. I realize any rifle can be bedded but I have never done any of mine and been happy with what they do from factory. 
Mark V Deluxe 416
Mark V Accumark 340
Mark V Arroyo R/C 300
Mark V Deluxe 270
Mark V Synthetic 257
Mark V Outfitter R/C 240
Mark V Varmintmaster 224
Vangaurd S2 375H&H
Vangaurd S2 Bonz 223

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 01:39:46 PM »
if it ain,t broke don,t fix it. What i suggest is order one from Weatherby and see how the fit is and if all seems well after installing the stock shoot it BEFORE you do any mods. If you need to bed it you might want to contact a gunsmith or stock maker that does it all the time and can probably do it for not to much.And If you want to do it your self you can get bedding kit,s from midway or brownell,s for about $30.00. On 24hr campfire there is a thread that is in depth tutorial on bedding with lots of pictures of everything you need to know. Let us know how it goes and lots of pictures.
Derrill

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 02:11:47 PM »
I wouldnít worry too much about it. In all likelihood, your barreled action will drop right in. If it is a little too snug, you can relieve a little material around the recoil lug.

If you havenít done any bedding jobs, just take it to a competent gunsmith...it isnít that expensive.
JK

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »
I broke my stock also, I bought a new one from weatherby and had them install it. If you buy the stock they will install it for free. You just have to pay shipping.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 05:32:42 AM »
Welcome to the Nation Farrout, how did your rifle shoot with the new Deluxe stock installed?
DosEquisShooter