Spike Camp

What Model Vanguard is this?

What Model Vanguard is this?
« on: August 11, 2018, 03:06:17 PM »
Found this Vanguard on GB. And ideas on what Model it is?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

badsection

Re: What Model Vanguard is this?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 04:24:02 PM »
Wilderness?  Did you ask the seller? I have dealt with them before and recommend them. 

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »
The stock throws me. I had asked the seller to send me a pict of the end of the box with more info on it but didn't get a reply yet so I thought I would ask you guys.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

badsection

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 03:18:29 PM »
Fair bet, they are a 9 to 5 Mon thru Friday outfit. My notes say excellent communications and fast shipping.  Bought my 325WSM Model 70 from them a few years back ( 2014).  :)

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 03:52:29 PM »
I’ve seen a few Vanguards just like this but the stock is green w/ the black spiderwebs. I haven’t been able to find info about them anywhere. I am interested to see what you find out.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 04:04:32 PM »
Looks to me like one of the "special" runs (uncatalogued) like done years ago for Walmart, Basspro, et al, where they paint the standard injection-molded stock with the spiderweb paint.  It's definitely the standard stock (notice the grip panels on the pistol grip area and the forearm) though I suspect it's the stock on the Vanguard Select, rather than the Vanguard Synthetic with the rubberized grip panels.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

badsection

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 04:29:26 PM »
Looks to me like one of the "special" runs (uncatalogued) like done years ago for Walmart, Basspro, et al, where they paint the standard injection-molded stock with the spiderweb paint.  It's definitely the standard stock (notice the grip panels on the pistol grip area and the forearm) though I suspect it's the stock on the Vanguard Select, rather than the Vanguard Synthetic with the rubberized grip panels.

The fluted barrel throws me a curve. In any case, under $500 looks to be a deal.    :)

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
Looks like a great deal to me. Buy it Roger!  ;D ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »
The fluted barrel throws me a curve. In any case, under $500 looks to be a deal.    :)

I completely didn't connect that it was fluted.  That is a definite twist.  I have no idea what it is.  Still probably an uncatalogued special run.  Weatherby seems to do a lot of these for different retailers/distributors in different regions.  One of the benefits of being small enough to be responsive to requests from your distributors/dealers, I guess.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

badsection

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 01:37:59 PM »
Howa sells a few fluted barreled guns, so a Vanguard fluted isn't a stretch.  Brownell's has a fluted barreled action on sale for $284 in .308 right now, similar in price to the heavy barreled 308 I recently bought from them.  :)

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 02:01:50 PM »
Rodger,I have an s1 with the same stock that was a special run from Walmart prior to the sub moa model being introduced,its the plain Tupperware stock with a paint job but it shoots great 

badsection

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 03:28:08 PM »
Are you bidding/buying Terminator?  :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 06:19:19 AM by badsection »