Spike Camp

Weatherby Customer Service/and Operations complaints

danno50

• View Profile
Weatherby Customer Service/and Operations complaints
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:55:57 AM »
This move to Wyoming, like any move cross country, has disrupted the easy flow of business that we're all use to, and won't get better till the move is complete, everything unboxed, opened, and put in its final resting place. Theres no temporary fix-it shop set up to handle rifle problems, not even warranty work, so there will probably be a whole lot more complaining from new Weatherby owners then we've seen in the past. New customers will have to understand that this disrupted transition time is not the "business as usual" that Weatherby routinely provides, and not the time to judge Weatherby as a company, at least until they can get set up again to handle problems. Anyone who has been a Nation member, even for a few years, is use to hearing about Weatherby's exemplary customer service, not just in repairs, but information, parts, and the willingness of Adam and Ed Weatherby to join in on our Nation conversations just being friendly or to defuse particular problems. You won't find another company where the CEO fraternizes, rubs elbows, whatever you want to call it, with the forum members and makes you feel your a part of the family. Its like having a friend on the inside, and it means a lot to us. We know that Weatherby rifles can be expensive and that when something goes wrong with a new purchase, its frustrating and we want it fixed. At this time, sorry to say, not all warranty or non warranty rifle problems can be handled in a timely manor, so an extra amount of patience may be the norm for now. These real rifle problems are not being ignored, but without a work space and the proper tools nothing can be accomplished until things are set up at the new location. This must be a frustrating time for Weatherby operations and we'll all be glad when the move is complete and things get back to normal. Anyway, this is how I see things going right now. JMO
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:50:24 PM by danno50 »
DosEquisShooter

Re: Weatherby Customer Service/and Operations complaints
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 09:16:15 AM »
+1 Danno

badsection

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 09:25:41 AM »
I suppose they have lost a number of long time employees, too.  I'm kind of anxious to have a "made in Wyoming"  Weatherby.   :)

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 10:35:42 AM »
And, don't forget, the SHOT Show is closer than you think.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 09:53:02 AM »
Well said Danno, and from what I see not too far from the truth.  I think Adam, or someone from Weatherby,  should post something on the Nation, basically explaining what's going on, and stating the issues they are having now, and will have in the future due to the move, and how they are planning of fixing these issues.  Unfortunately, the new customers who  paid some good money for their Weatherby don't quite see what we know, & understand what's going on.  All they know is how great is the quality of these rifles, and so on, and so on.  Now they have one, and is not whey they were expecting.  I know Weatherby is extremely busy with the move, but I think they need someone here to help out with these issues.  Otherwise, Weatherby may end up with a reputation like Remington, Marling, etc. (I hope not).  We can sure help out, and we will.  But a customer may/may not believe what we are saying.  Sometime it's better to hear it from the actually factory rep.  My 2 cents.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 11:16:02 AM »
We used to have Jameson and others that would chime in once in awhile but other then Adam telling they still love us it seems the Nation is being ignored in favor of Facebook.
 How hard would it be if Jameson or someone from Weatherby that posts something on Facebook about Weatherby to post it here as well.
 I don't think we expect them to be involved in every thread but the silence is deafening  :(
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

badsection

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 11:29:50 AM »
We used to have Jameson and others that would chime in once in awhile but other then Adam telling they still love us it seems the Nation is being ignored in favor of Facebook.
 How hard would it be if Jameson or someone from Weatherby that posts something on Facebook about Weatherby to post it here as well.
 I don't think we expect them to be involved in every thread but the silence is deafening  :(
  +1

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 11:39:04 AM »

I wonder if Jameson is staying in California and is longer working for Weatherby?
Doug

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 01:30:21 PM »
I believe someone said Jameson recently posted on Weatherby Facebook so I assume he is still working for them.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

badsection

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 02:22:56 PM »
Jameson has his own online "blog"  , "barking backwards" , that he has posted on regularly. I see nothing of his on the Weatherby face book page.  BTW, you don't have to be on face book to see his blog, type "barking backwards , Jameson Parker into your search engine and it comes up  :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:56:07 PM by badsection »

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 06:37:51 PM »

That's been happening for a long time, WAY TOO LONG in my opinion and I'm sure others feel the same way.  This is Weatherby's site or baby and should have number one priority over Facebook in my opinion not only because it's their "baby" but also for the anti-gun attitude of Facebook.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 06:54:38 PM »
How about those who frequent FB, next time they see Jameson ask him what's going on, and why he is not here anymore? 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »
Thanks for the original post danno50.  Relocating a 73 year old family business ain't for sissies...that's for sure.  I appreciate your understanding.  I am confident that we are going to come out much stronger on the other side.  Saying goodbye to the regulations, unnecessary operating expenses, taxes, etc... in California are only going to help us.  Combine that with a new strong team in a 2A friendly state and you will have a much better Weatherby.  The future is bright for the flying W.

As far as customer service...we lost a lot of great people that weren't able to make the move.  We have hired a few really good new people, in addition to some good longterm folks that relocated.  The new people are coming up to speed fast in Wyoming but we still have a few hires to go to really be up to speed.  So, we do appreciate your patience and understanding.  As you can imagine, we don't just hire anyone.  We are looking for those who truly align with our values.

As far as production...it is still in Paso Robles, CA until next March/April when it all moves to Sheridan.  It is going strong and we have a lot of good employees sticking with us to the end and some good ones planning to move with us as well.  We are cranking out some good stuff and have some great plans for new product development in the next couple years from Wyoming. 

All in all, this is going to "Make Weatherby Great Again" (I couldn't resist).  Thanks for hanging with us all these years.  We appreciate each of you on the Nation. 

Keep riding for the W brand.

Adam

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 09:21:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply Adam! Looking forward to Weatherby getting back up to speed or better once everything is finished. Wyoming is close enough to Minnesota that a tour might have to happen for me sometime in the future.
Doug

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »
+ 1 "Make Weatherby Great Again"
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.