Spike Camp

Speer bullets

BB340

• View Profile
Re: Speer bullets
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2018, 09:38:55 PM »
Yes I too enjoy reading your posts Juan. Stick to writing the way you are. It is great to hear about your country and the style of hunting you do. I have plans to get there one day.... won't be for a while... but I will get there!
Aussie gun nut.

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 09:34:22 AM »
Here!!!!! Some hunting lands in South of Argentina. Is it paradise? Enjoy that pictures friends!!! Salutes
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:44:49 AM by juan »
Why make things easy if you can make it difficult?

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »
Absolutely beautiful Juan. I also like reading your posts and understand what you say my friend.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »
You have a beautiful country Juan.It is going to be hard to wait until April for my hunt.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2018, 10:39:35 AM »
Beautiful countryside Juan, and I'll bet the hunting is superb. Wouldn't that be just a perfect shot on that 14 point Red Stag.

Juan, your a gentleman, and your a perfect fit at our campsite.
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »
WOW! NICE!
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »
Oh my juan what beautiful pictures...….thanks for sharing

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2018, 06:07:32 PM »
Juan very nice country, great pictures

Roger, looks like you going to have a fun trip

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 06:13:30 PM »
Thank you for the photos. Remarkable.

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 04:44:10 PM »
Speer is a quality bullet. While I don't use them much for hunting purposes, Speer Gold Dots are are one of the most commonly carried bullets by law enforcement. There is a reason for that - performance. I carry them every day and trust them 100%. There are so many decent hunting bullets out there these days it's not hard to find a good brand and bullet. Bullet technology sure has come a long way since I was young. The old Core-Lokt bullets were pretty good in their day and still not actually bad, even by today's standards.

I like Speer's hunting bullets but not the Gold Dots.  I had to carry them until I was put in charge of the firearms department of the department I work for and that was the first thing I changed.  I'm not a fan of the Gold Dots and after seeing the results of the ballistic tests we conducted with them and the Winchester Ranger T-Series we went with the Ranger T-Series ten years ago and never looked back.  I've had to put down lots of deer that have been hit by cars and always shoot the deer in the head with them and they take a while to die with the Gold Dots compared to the ones I've shot with the Ranger T-Series which are near instant kills.  To each their own but when it comes to personal protection and work I'll take the Ranger T-Series every time. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2018, 08:19:32 AM »
Juan, those are some beautiful pictures! Your country is a stunning place, my friend. I've always wanted to visit Argentina and Chile, and hope to one day do so.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2018, 04:20:42 PM »
Do it Dubyam do it. 
Why make things easy if you can make it difficult?

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2018, 04:31:06 PM »
Beautiful country for sure. I would like to try out some Ranger T-series, although I do stand by the Gold Dots (not the G2 Gold Dots, which suck, especially out of short barrels). Here's one a a zillion articles: http://gunblast.com/RKCampbell-GoldDot.htm
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 05:02:43 PM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2018, 02:36:10 PM »
Juan, beautiful country, and one of the countries in my bucket list to hunt.  Now more than ever, I have two reasons to visit Argentina, one to hunt, and two, my wife's niece lives in Buenos Aires and my wife wants to visit. 

BTW Juan, thank you for the wonderful things your country is doing with the Venezuelan refugees.  Your country opened the doors to my wife's niece, and in less than two months she had a work permit, and she now has a temporary residency.  Again, thank you!!!!!  Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the post.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2018, 12:12:32 PM »
I use the long discontinued Speer .338 275gr. Semi-Spitzer in my Mark V Stainless 340 Weatherby Magnum.  I still find them for sale from time to time at gun shows.
Pennsylvania "Big Woods" Mountain Buck.