Spike Camp

Another Range Day with the 300

Weatherby-SL

• Tony
    • View Profile
Re: Another Range Day with the 300
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 05:06:59 AM »
Pretty dang awesome shooting Captain! Oh, now I see where the moniker came from - HA!

Great shooting, good lesson about checking these screws. On my larger caliber rifles, my 300 WBY included, I use a dab of Locktite on the receiver screws. It secures them but they are easily removed when necessary.

Congrats on doing your part too - excellent job!

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 07:41:45 AM »
Pretty dang awesome shooting Captain! Oh, now I see where the moniker came from - HA!

Great shooting, good lesson about checking these screws. On my larger caliber rifles, my 300 WBY included, I use a dab of Locktite on the receiver screws. It secures them but they are easily removed when necessary.

Congrats on doing your part too - excellent job!
Yeah I hit em with a little blue Locktite before I took it back out. Want to do the bases but I don't want to take the scope off
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:45:52 PM by CptnAwesome »

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 07:44:49 AM »
I must have missed the original post but what brand of rifle and what type of stock is on it, synthetic or wood?
You may need to use a thread locker to keep them tight and proper screw torque values will help also.

It's a Weatherby Vanguard Weatherguard
Nice rifle. I don't know much about the new style stock Weatherby uses on the S2s but if they are anything like the S1s I would still use some blue lock tite on the action screws and torque them to 45inlbs so they don't work loose and you will still be able to remove the action screws when you need to.
Looks like you have a good load for it also.
TD

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 04:54:34 AM »
Very good last shootting. What distance?
Why make things easy if you can make it difficult?

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 09:05:04 AM »
Very good last shootting. What distance?
100yds

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 07:42:40 PM »
I have always preferred the IMP powders over the Hodgdon powders. but I will have to give this load A try in my 300 wby.
Thank You
Mark