Spike Camp

Dave

Dave
« on: September 04, 2018, 02:33:00 PM »
My friend and neighbor that I  removed and replaced his Leupold scope  5 times was found dead in his lounger yesterday. Guess he woke up dead. The genius cops were busy trying to unlock his phone while waiting 6 hours for the coroner to investigate a unwitnessed death. I suggested visiting the doctor that prescribed his meds and see if they had a emergency contact. He was Rambo's friend as well. We put his trash out today and mowed his lawn. He would have done the same for me! RIP DAVE!  :(
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:23:21 AM by badsection »

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Dave
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »
Sorry for the loss of your friend. Hope whoever moves into his house turns out to be good neighbors and friends. Condolences.
DosEquisShooter

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 02:44:22 PM »
Sorry to hear this, Kevin.  Praying peace over his family, and you, and as Danno said, hope you get some more good neighbors in the future, as well.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 03:21:42 PM »
Thanks!  He was a Viet Nam USA vet, maybe 1 1/3 years older than me, The cops took his weapons, even if it was a obvious heart attack. Combination safe!  I totally do not trust the investigating deputy. I informed the stupidvisor (untrustworthy but not stupid), I have all the serial numbers and description of every single one. I WILL expect a total accounting!  It does prove my theory correct on keeping a off prem record!  I am sitting on 3 others complete records as mine are kept at 2 other locations. Fire? Theft? Stuff hitting the fan? The 3 others have all thanked me for my paranoia !  BTW, Dave's records are now n a trusted friend's computer now!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 03:43:35 PM by badsection »

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 04:07:26 PM »
Sad to loose a Friend and neighbor! great job being prepared for him.

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 04:20:33 PM »
Thanks! Best part was Rambo doing his usual pay back and lifting his leg and emptying his bladder on the stupidvisor's car!  Fool dog has a great sense of doing exactly that at the right time!  Dave would laugh at that one!

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 04:29:43 PM »
Kevin sorry about the loss of your friend. With the law changes in FL be careful or they will consider you a threat and come knocking when you least expect it.
TD

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »
Kevin sorry about the loss of your friend. With the law changes in FL be careful or they will consider you a threat and come knocking when you least expect it.
  Yuppers, exactly why I sent Dave's gun records out of state. They all are intimidated by my little puppy and rightfully so!  They want my guns? It will get dam ugly real quick!

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 04:53:44 PM »
Sorry for your loss Kevin!!! Sounds like the only mistake Rambo made was not lifting his leg on the stupidvisors leg, LOL. I might have to make a backup record of my firearms to leave at my buddy's house, Great Idea.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 05:06:48 PM »
Sorry for your loss Kevin!!! Sounds like the only mistake Rambo made was not lifting his leg on the stupidvisors leg, LOL. I might have to make a backup record of my firearms to leave at my buddy's house, Great Idea.
  Thanks!   The dummy knew the dog would  or chew his ass up,so he didn't get out of the car. He did piss on a kid throwing stones at the neighbor's dog and on a cat at the vet's.
 Several trusted friends have done the same thing with records at my asking them to keep my records.  I do tend to keep them at some distance. In my case, several states away. Paranoia is a hard learned lesson!  :)

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 06:41:29 PM »
Sorry to hear of your mates passing. Best wishes.

On the other note of keeping off premises record of firearms. That is a great idea and I am going to do the same too.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 08:22:32 PM »
Sorry for you loss,as we age friends get fewer and good friends even more scarce.

I don't think there is ever a good time to go but going in your sleep isn't a bad way to go. Beats sitting out your years in a old folks home.

Good advice on keeping records safe,
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 07:48:16 AM »
Hey Bad, sorry for the loss of your friend & neighbor.  Good on Rambo for pissing on his tire.  He is such a smart pooch!  Great idea on the record, however, I wonder if they'll give the guns back to Dave's family?

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »
  Thanks, everyone! We don't have contact info for his family( me or my other neighbor).  I know he has a son and daughter in east Texas, no more info. That's why I suggested to the cops they check with his doctor on the med bottles for contact info.  I have no idea what will happen to his guns. I just made a point of letting them know I had the records.  The rifle I did the scope work on is a  Remington 700 in 270 Win.   I know how hard it was for me to get my S&W model 19 back from the cops after my stepson used it to commit suicide in 1984.

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 09:26:36 AM »
Godspeed to your friend Dave. Fair winds and following seas for his family. GJ