Spike Camp

Dave

Weatherby-SL

• Tony
    • View Profile
Re: Dave
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 10:49:37 AM »
Sorry you lost a good neighbor. Although I applaud you for keeping a record of his firearms serial numbers.

If I understand correctly, they found the safe's combination and confiscated his guns? - Just so wrong. Do you know if he has any family that those weapons should go to?

badsection

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 12:03:45 PM »
I have no idea how they gained access to his  safe .  I saw them taking the guns. I actually have pictures of his guns. He did not have a lot of them. The only thing I know about his family is his son and daughter live in eastern Texas, nothing specific.  I haven't been inside since last Tuesday when I helped him spread a half pallet of sod on his front yard. He got another half pallet Thursday. It was still on his truck. I just finished his edging and weed whacking . I did finish the sod job and cleaned out his truck. I did the mowing there yesterday.  Heat index is a tad over 100 today. I earned a martini or seven a bit later.  :)

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »
Sorry you lost your neighbor and friend. Dave was blessed to have you as his neighbor and friend.
Duane

badsection

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 01:36:34 PM »
 Thanks! The neighbor on the other side of Dave saw all the work I did and told me she would pay to have her lawn service guy take care of it next week.  It's always a pretty good neighborhood, Mr. Rogers!   :)

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 04:05:00 PM »
Really sorry for loosing your friend, sincerely. Hunters, shootters and all kind of lovers of guns including me, are ever thinking what would happen in a similar situation with our guns. It will always depend of honesty of the cops and authorities whoe take care of the case, but in my country it is veri difficult guns return to family. It is most sure guns will be in hands of inescrupolus people, cops, and justice members. Finally the guns will be in bad hand, killers of thieves, bad people. That is ever so fear and skirring ideas in me and my friends group. Sorry for your lost again.
Juan, from Argentina
Why make things easy if you can make it difficult?

badsection

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 04:59:15 PM »
Thanks Juan!  Living alone like my friend Dave did, I wonder too.  In all reality, first one here after I'm dead gets my toys IF you can get past the dog. PARA45 has  distinct advantages, distance and knowing the dog.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:23:27 PM by badsection »

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 05:22:21 PM »
Kevin, you're obviously a good neighbor and friend. God Bless you and Dave both.
Come and take it.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 07:11:00 PM »
Thanks Juan!  Living alone like my friend Dave did, I wonder too.  In all reality, first one here after I'm dead gets my toys IF you can get past the dog. PARA45 has  distinct advantages, distance and knowing the dog.

I'll def take good care of Rambo.  Beside, his true love lives in Georgia.  ;D ;D 

p.s.  don't forget to send me the safe combo.  LMAO!!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 08:35:59 PM »

I'll def take good care of Rambo.  Beside, his true love lives in Georgia.  ;D ;D 

p.s.  don't forget to send me the safe combo.  LMAO!!!!!

Better yet post the combo and Rambos favorite treat here so we can help Oscar remember it.
Doug

badsection

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2018, 04:57:08 AM »
Rambo's favorite treat is leg of letter carrier. Combination gets complicated, there are 3 safes. PARA45, you'll have to guess witch one has the Weatherbys in it.   :)  Turns out my friend never mowed his backyard in all the years he lived there.  4 or 5 days of weed whacking should do it! 

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2018, 06:52:33 AM »
There may be a Vietnam vet living there that doesn't know the war's over yet.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

badsection

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2018, 07:31:14 AM »
There may be a Vietnam vet living there that doesn't know the war's over yet.
No telling what critters or Cong are hiding out there. It is a search and destroy operation.   :)

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »
Three safes & three combos, hmmmm, the odds are not too bad.   ;D ;D

Sh*t, who knows what you may find in there. LOL!!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

badsection

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2018, 03:14:11 PM »
Three safes & three combos, hmmmm, the odds are not too bad.   ;D ;D

Sh*t, who knows what you may find in there. LOL!!!!!

A couple of Rock River Arms, a nice AK-47, Benelli 12 gauge semi, beautiful 20 gauge s/s  CZ, Model 29, model 57, Total customized Colt Commander......... not mentioning my Weatherbys for starters!  Drooling yet?  Sent you a list!  Spent 1 full tank in my weed whacker there today and might be 1/4 done!  Mowed my front yard while deciding my next move, still in the 100+ temp indexes!  :) Still a B A O M! 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:55:38 PM by badsection »

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2018, 07:23:01 PM »
Shoot, you really had me drooling, specially with the Mod 29 & Benelli, and of course your Weatherbys.  ;D ;D