Spike Camp

In memoriam - Jason Hairston

PARA45

• View Profile
In memoriam - Jason Hairston
« on: September 06, 2018, 01:29:09 PM »
Jason Hairston founder and owner of KUIU passed away. Very sad and tragic news.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/outdoors/article217920125.html

Re: In memoriam - Jason Hairston
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 01:59:00 PM »
Thanks for the post Oscar. R.I.P Jason
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 02:05:57 PM »
Way to young to go!!! I never tried any of his clothing since they didn't make anything large enough for me!
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 04:37:03 PM »
Very sad indeed, and he left our world way too soon.

Blackbear, their stuff is top notch, and I've used here in GA, and will love to use them on a mountain hunt.  Which I hope to do one day. 

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »
His company made great stuff. Iím glad I discovered it when I did. May he Rest In Peace.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 12:52:24 PM »

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 01:19:37 PM »
This is so sad. I just ordered some items from Kuiu and it came with a note, thanking me for being a customer.
That's the kind of person he was
Mike

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 03:32:09 PM »
Pretty sad! The survivors have a way of blaming themselves. Been through all the "counciling" crap on that subject!   :(

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 07:57:48 PM »
That has to be really tough, for the family
Mike

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 09:14:12 AM »
oh yeah, his kids where alone with him, and wife out of town.  How crappy is that!  I've been a fan of him and his hunting clothes for quite some time.  Great company to deal with, and you can actually speak to someone who will give you solid advise on what you need.  No sales pitch, no extra BS, nothing, just genuine great customer service with true answers.  I hope KUIU continues to grow, and doesn't suffer because of this. 

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »
I hope Kuiu  continues on also
I had a Kuiu guide jacket on this morning when l got a mule deer buck. It's great stuff
Mike

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 05:26:38 AM »
I hope so too.  They do make great stuff, I've been using their stuff for a while now, and like it very much.  I wish I could afford a sheep hunt so I can truly test their stuff.  LOL. 

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 07:08:53 AM »
I just read the link you shared Oscar, very sad-my prayers are with his wife and kids. Suicide is the result of being in a mental state where you believe there is absolutely no hope and no answers. Once your to the point of no hope a phone call asking for help is to late!!

I talked to a couple one day at the cemetery while I was freaking out about the dirt washing away on my wifes grave this spring. Their 22 yr old daughter had taken her life and the Mom was just devastated, they asked to have her buried as close as possible to my wife since I promised to watch over her grave and said I was so nice to them. I talked to them at the funeral a few days latter to, they belonged to my Church. Two gallons of Miracle Grow a week and no weeds allowed-have both graves looking like the finest golf course greens. I feel guilty for being here every time I stop and pray at that young womens grave!
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »
I know it, and yo are absolutely correct.  Unfortunately I've had my share of military members taking their life for no apparent reason, and it's heartbreaking in every word.  All seem well in their life, and didn't show any signs of stress or unhappiness, nothing. They are gone, but the family is left behind to deal with everything.

I'm so sorry to hear about the parents of their young daughter, it's a crying shame.  Not easy to loose a love one, and one who had been with you for so long.   God has a purpose for all in this life.  One day we will all meet in the green fields of heaven. Prayers for both!