Spike Camp

Weather

badsection

Weather
« on: September 09, 2018, 03:11:30 PM »
Hurricanes to the left of us! Hurricanes to the right of us! Potential Hurricanes to the south of us!  Will somebody reverse the fan that the stuff has hit?  ;D  Bad weather reporter!  LOL!

Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 03:48:23 PM »
Hope it misses
Your area Bad

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

badsection

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 04:30:17 PM »
At this point in time, I look pretty good. North Carolina Looks a tad iffy! 

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 05:53:25 PM »
Looks like it might be heading your way Bad!!!
Doug

badsection

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 06:11:52 AM »
And that is just from CNN and MSNBC!  With 3 hurricanes and a potential, the predictions will only get more complicated. Florence looks to be the only predicted "major" storm and the Carolinas look to be the landfall still.  It can change at any point in time.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 06:23:24 AM »
Hey Bad, no offense, but I prefer the good looking weather reporters.  ;D ;D ;D  I'm glad I live a bit inland, but we still get the winds, rain & tornadoes.  :(
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

badsection

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 04:38:15 PM »
Florence is a cat 4 now. All the preparation in the world is pretty much a crap shoot in that kind of storm!  I had cat 3s here, bad enough, wind gusts to 145mph!  Guess Katrina and Andrew were worse . PARA45 dealt with that multi billion dollar mess Andrew I believe.   

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 05:49:32 PM »
Wow, I thought it was a little early in the season for them. Just like here in the foothills they are calling some of the white stuff . It's weird weather all over, even the snow geese are down about 3 weeks early.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 05:56:30 PM »
This is 2 years in a row for storms the first part of September.
Last your it hit my brother in Fort Myers
This year a friend is vacationing in North  Carolina, she is heading to  Virginia tomorrow and flying out of D.C. on Saturday

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »
Hurricane season peaks this time every year
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 09:11:06 PM »
Hurricane season peaks this time every year

That's true, l just remember them being to this  magnitude two years in a row

badsection

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 04:40:35 PM »
"They" are saying Florence will be the worst hurricane in 60 years in the Carolinas.  When I started with the  telco in 1968, there were 2 stories I heard. One was how the telco paid employees right out of the pay phones in the great depression with a sack of coins. The other was how the guys made so much money on the hurricanes in the early to mid 50's that they came home and bought houses and paid cash for brand new Buicks.  Most of those guys moved to the D.C. area from rural PA and WVA. to find work. Damn good people to work with and learn from!  :)

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 04:45:32 PM »
It looks like the Carolinas are in for few bad days, my thoughts and prayers are with all that will be affected by Florence :(

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

badsection

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 05:09:34 PM »
It looks like the Carolinas are in for few bad days, my thoughts and prayers are with all that will be affected by Florence :(

Terry
  Amen! 

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 06:25:23 PM »
Bad, you are correct sir, I went through Hurricane Andrew, and learned a lot from that experience.  No matter how well prepared you think you are, every hurricane will throw a curve ball at you.  We had a lake in the back of our house, and we used that water to flush the toilets, and the water we had in the tubs for cooking and drinking.  We spent 28 days without electricity, and the grill became my best friend.  ;D  I was in FL for every hurricane that went through until the day I left in 2013.  ;D

I think it's still early to tell where it's going to go, and there is always the possibility of a High to push it back to sea.   Let's hope so, otherwise it's going to be a mess.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".