Spike Camp

Ever Buy Nosler Partition ppt instead of the Spitzer URGHHH

Ever Buy Nosler Partition ppt instead of the Spitzer URGHHH
« on: September 13, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »
Just sat down to load A box of 300 Win mag to sight in my new Scope. And as I was opening the box I read ppt. I was just about to have A batch of kittens when I desided to google ppt vs Spitzer.
Turns Out at least what I read was the ppt was made just for the 300 win mag. Because of its std. length. So I desided to hold off on being Pi--ed for now and will give them A go. I dont like them because of there lower B.C. and looks. And they seat them shorter in the case. But I just watched A mini video on FB saying the Nosler Partitions like A longer jump to the lands. So we will see. :P
Mark

Re: Ever Buy Nosler Partition ppt instead of the Spitzer URGHHH
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:47:22 PM »
Should you decide you need more projectiles, Shooters Pro Shop has some blemished 30 caliber Partitions for cheap. I typically use them for load development and see no adverse effects on accuracy. Then I end up using the for finished loads because I'm cheap. Honestly though, I have a hard time spotting the blemish!

Best of luck loading.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosler-products/bullets/partition.html
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 05:54:59 AM »
The protected point was designed so the nose won't be deformed in the magazine under recoil. Nosler isn't the only company to do this with lead tipped bullets. They should preform the same as a normal spitzer on game and should see no loss or difference in accuracy.
I use the blems sold by SPS and find them to be just as good as the factory first. Yeah cheap too but why pay $30-$50 for the same bullet you can buy at 1/2 price?
TD

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 06:15:11 AM »
Plus one on the Shooters Pro Shop, over runs and blems on bullets, brass and loaded ammo has saved me a ton of money. I use the protected point partitions in my 300 H&H, 3 one shot kills on black bears!
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »
I've used both with the same load and haven't noticed any difference in the point of impact.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.