Spike Camp

Made in Wyoming Mark V

Made in Wyoming Mark V
« on: September 17, 2018, 03:47:02 PM »
So how can I get on the list for one of these? I am really wanting a new Mark V but I want one from the new factory in Wyoming. Is there some kind of waiting list?

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: Made in Wyoming Mark V
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 05:50:10 PM »
Not that we are aware of.  Hopefully we'll get first crack at them.  ;D

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 08:09:50 PM »
I hope you get one of the first Wyoming rifles, that'd be great.  I bought a Remington 700BDL in 8mm Remington Magnum a few years back and when I called Remington to find out about it they told me it was one of the first 100 built.  That was a really nice surprise and makes it even more special. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 07:55:25 AM »
I hope you get one of the first Wyoming rifles, that'd be great.  I bought a Remington 700BDL in 8mm Remington Magnum a few years back and when I called Remington to find out about it they told me it was one of the first 100 built.  That was a really nice surprise and makes it even more special.

Not to derail this thread, but I also have a Remington BDL in 8mm Rem Mag. I used the serial tool to date it myself to 1978 but I couldn't really ascertain anything past that.

My 8mm Rem Mag is one of my favorites!
JW

240 Wby Mag - Mauser 98 w/ ER Shaw Barrel 26"
257 Wby Mag - Vanguard Synthetic (Changed to walnut stock)
6.5-300 Wby Mag - Vanguard Synthetic Series II 26"
270 Wby Mag - Mark V Sporter
7mm Wby Mag - Mark V Sporter
300 Wby Mag - Vanguard Synthetic (Changed to walnut stock)

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 05:07:32 PM »
Try giving Remington a call, that's where I got all the info on mine.  I always wanted an 8mm Remington Magnum and finally got mine a few years ago when I found a deal I couldn't pass up.  I'm using 200 grain Accubonds in the Nosler Custom ammo that I get through MidwayUSA because I can't find Remington brass for it anywhere and refuse to pay Nosler's prices.  What are you using in your's?

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 08:05:10 AM »
If Weatherby comes out with a 8MM rem. mag I'd probably jump at that !

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 06:18:21 AM »
It's a sweet and highly under-rated caliber in my opinion.  I've been kicking around the idea to have a custom 8mm Remington Magnum made on a Mark V Deluxe or even a .358 Shooting Times Alaskan. 

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 07:15:01 AM »
I guess it would be kind of cool to get one of the early Weatherby's assembled in Wyoming but they will still be Japanese Howa manufactured so I don't know if there will be any way to actually tell except by knowing the first serial number sent there.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member
Retired in the Nevada high desert and loving life.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 10:23:41 AM »
I guess it would be kind of cool to get one of the early Weatherby's assembled in Wyoming but they will still be Japanese Howa manufactured so I don't know if there will be any way to actually tell except by knowing the first serial number sent there.

The Vanguards are made in Japan, while the Mark V's are made in the USA.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 07:13:37 PM »

The Vanguards are made in Japan, while the Mark V's are made in the USA.

Pretty sure the Mark V's all say made in Japan on them also.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member
Retired in the Nevada high desert and loving life.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 07:23:54 PM »
The Mark V has been made in Germany, Japan, and the USA. Mark Vís are currently produced in California. 
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....