Spike Camp

New Weathermark - advice on rings

New Weathermark - advice on rings
« on: September 22, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »
Hoping someone will have a similar setup - I am waiting on my new Weathermark 300wm (any day now) and I just picked up a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 CDS... I typically use Talley lightweight one piece rings, but looking at how short the 30mil tube is forward of the turrets and not much fore and aft adjustment to get the correct eye relief if I use Talley.. what options are better for my setup? perhaps a pic rail? I'm not a fan of bridging the ejection port, but could be persuaded. Any advice is appreciated.

• View Profile
Re: New Weathermark - advice on rings
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 03:30:32 PM »
I used a nightforce rail and rings on my accumark. Good solid set-up
Mike

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 11:38:05 PM »
With the Talley two piece steel bases they do an extended front base that gives you a bit more length to play with. Just looking at the Talley website they also do an extended front base on the lightweights as well.
IF YOU CAN"T DAZZLE WITH BRILLIANCE................BAFFLE WITH BULLSHIT!!

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 01:19:03 PM »
I have a new Weather Mark .340 and Talley light weight low rings. There is plenty of eye relief on my 4.5x14 Leupold  VX 3i 30mm. Leupolds are known for their generous eye relief, at least 4 inches. You may need med. rings with a 44 mm objective.
John

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »
With the Talley two piece steel bases they do an extended front base that gives you a bit more length to play with. Just looking at the Talley website they also do an extended front base on the lightweights as well.

I just saw that. should work perfect Thanks

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 05:50:06 PM »
I used a nightforce rail and rings on my accumark. Good solid set-up

Absolutely the best setup. I have them on all my Weatherbys. Mark V and Vanguards. I use Seekins rings though..
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member
Retired in the Nevada high desert and loving life.

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 12:30:49 PM »
EGW 20 moa pick rail bedded to the action and Buris Z rings for me.  Will be switching the rest of my MKV's to this set up shortly