Spike Camp

6.5 wby

danno50

• View Profile
Re: 6.5 wby
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2018, 10:53:22 AM »
Weatherby promises 1” or less with factory ammo. Contact Weatherby and send the rifle so they can solve the problem. I had the same problem and they put another barrel on it. Free. It now shoots 1/2” @ 100 yds.

I'm afraid it would be a waste of time to send mine back. As i said earlier once in a while it will print a one inch group. That's weatherby's  guarantee. I wouldn't take it hunting as is though. I'm in contact with them and I'm gonna see what a friend of mine comes up with. He's a little better at trouble shooting than me. Plus he has the time.
Weatherby Mark V ULW Guarantee:
SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition)

It doesn't say guaranteed to shoot .99" or less 3 shot groups every once in a while. It does say with Weatherby factory ammo or other premium ammunition. If the rifle doesn't shoot "consistently", at least one of the factory ammo's listed in the usage section of the Q&A  @.99" moa and you know that the barrel is clean of copper, your scope is perfect, torque is correct, and your doing your part, You should definitely talk to Weatherby and be able to return the rifle. Unless you've modified the rifle by adding your own muzzle brake, or bedding it, etc. then the warrantee becomes void. The guarantee doesn't say you can't shoot hand loads, it just doesn't guarantee them due to damage someone might impart on the rifle with improper loading. +1 on letting Weatherby solve the problem. Hope your problem gets resolved equitably.
DosEquisShooter

badsection

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2018, 03:19:36 PM »
Weatherby promises 1” or less with factory ammo. Contact Weatherby and send the rifle so they can solve the problem. I had the same problem and they put another barrel on it. Free. It now shoots 1/2” @ 100 yds.

I'm afraid it would be a waste of time to send mine back. As i said earlier once in a while it will print a one inch group. That's weatherby's  guarantee. I wouldn't take it hunting as is though. I'm in contact with them and I'm gonna see what a friend of mine comes up with. He's a little better at trouble shooting than me. Plus he has the time.
Weatherby Mark V ULW Guarantee:
SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition)

It doesn't say guaranteed to shoot .99" or less 3 shot groups every once in a while. It does say with Weatherby factory ammo or other premium ammunition. If the rifle doesn't shoot "consistently", at least one of the factory ammo's listed in the usage section of the Q&A  @.99" moa and you know that the barrel is clean of copper, your scope is perfect, torque is correct, and your doing your part, You should definitely talk to Weatherby and be able to return the rifle. Unless you've modified the rifle by adding your own muzzle brake, or bedding it, etc. then the warrantee becomes void. The guarantee doesn't say you can't shoot hand loads, it just doesn't guarantee them due to damage someone might impart on the rifle with improper loading. +1 on letting Weatherby solve the problem. Hope your problem gets resolved equitably.
+1  Well stated, Danno!   If there is a ongoing accuracy problem, I would expect a recall on these rifles from such a service oriented company as Weatherby. In the middle of the move might hinder that a tad.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2018, 06:19:51 PM »
I believe that we hear of these issues with the 6.5, because it is the new toy on the block.  Very seldom do we hear other issues with other calibers, and I'm sure they are happening, but go without the shooters bringing them to our attention. 

My son is dealing with his 6.5, and he will ship it to Weatherby, and I'm sure they will make it right one way or another.  It sucks to have a new toy, and not be able to use it because something is jacked up.  I did tell him to be extra patient with Weatherby because of the move. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2018, 06:36:15 PM »
I believe that we hear of these issues with the 6.5, because it is the new toy on the block.  Very seldom do we hear other issues with other calibers, and I'm sure they are happening, but go without the shooters bringing them to our attention. 

My son is dealing with his 6.5, and he will ship it to Weatherby, and I'm sure they will make it right one way or another.  It sucks to have a new toy, and not be able to use it because something is jacked up.  I did tell him to be extra patient with Weatherby because of the move.
  +1. I bought my wife a PA 20 shotgun a few years ago. Took it out once and the safety was non functional after 3 shots. I had my choice of repair (8-12 weeks) or replacement. Replacement arrived in 2 days.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2018, 06:42:38 PM »
Olchet sir, do you remember if you had to ship he shotgun to them, or if Wby send you a prepaid box to ship in? 

I want to say that I've read here in which Weatherby will send you a prepaid label and box to ship them.  If anyone know, please let me know.  My son thinks he has to ship it to them. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2018, 07:01:22 PM »
Olchet sir, do you remember if you had to ship he shotgun to them, or if Wby send you a prepaid box to ship in? 

I want to say that I've read here in which Weatherby will send you a prepaid label and box to ship them.  If anyone know, please let me know.  My son thinks he has to ship it to them. 
Oscar it is worth a call to wearherby so they can send the proper shipping container , return authorisation code  and shipping label.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply Derrill.  Jr spoke to them, but he was not told if a label was being shipped to him or not.  I'll have him Weatherby tomorrow.  Thanks!

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »

They actually asked me to take it to the shop where I bought it because with a swap it involves the wait period and an FFL plus the Calif. paper work. I paid nothing.

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2018, 06:02:00 AM »
I know it is more than accurate for hunting and I don’t really take real long shots. I was just a little disappointed in the accuracy considering how much I paid for the rifle. I still like my Acccumark and don’t plan to ship it back to Weatherby because it shoots .25-.5” groups larger than promised. It shoots as advertised 75% of the time with the Barnes. I did kill three deer with it last year and all the bullets as far as I could tell went right where I wanted them to go and the deer died within seconds.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2018, 10:51:31 AM »
Chris: I feel the same way, my 6.5-300 ULW shoots 3/4 to 1 inch with my 140g accubond handloads at 3400fps but I shot a 1 and 1/4 inch 4 shot group at 350 yards and 3 of the shots were in 3/4 inch. So yours may shoot better at longer range. A 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 rifle is plenty good for hunting out to ranges that most people never attempt.
John

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2018, 02:24:30 PM »
Thank you gents for your assistance!  Oscar called Weatherby, and they are sending him a prepaid box to ship his 6.5 back to them.  Another class act by the Weatherby warranty folks!  Thank you  Weatherby for helping out my son!!!!

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2018, 02:35:45 PM »
My 6.5-300 ULW shoots a 0.000" group because its the first shot that only matters to me. One shot-one kill!!!
Doug

badsection

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2018, 03:00:13 PM »
Thank you gents for your assistance!  Oscar called Weatherby, and they are sending him a prepaid box to ship his 6.5 back to them.  Another class act by the Weatherby warranty folks!  Thank you  Weatherby for helping out my son!!!!

Active Military, too!  A son to proud of PARA45!  Rambo wants him to stop by and bring Oreo.  :-)

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2018, 06:54:27 PM »
Blackbear, hopefully my son can get his 6.5 to do that after a short visit to Weatherby. :)

Thanks Bad, he is a good kid, and I am very proud of him.  He will also be a papa again, and this time they are having a boy.  ;)

Maybe next time we head south, we'll swing by with Oreo.  ;D