Spike Camp

Weatherby Vangard H bar HELP

Gusjake

Weatherby Vangard H bar HELP
« on: October 08, 2018, 04:03:15 PM »
Hello, I have a vangard H bar in 308, I cannot put more than 1 shell into the magazine, it seems like the plastic follower is jamming against the front of the box and the spring will not compress.If I pull the bottom of the spring a 1/4 inch back from locking in the bottom of the floor plate everything loads as it should please advise .
Thanks Brett

sschefer

Re: Weatherby Vangard H bar HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 09:04:11 AM »
Hello, I have a vangard H bar in 308, I cannot put more than 1 shell into the magazine, it seems like the plastic follower is jamming against the front of the box and the spring will not compress.If I pull the bottom of the spring a 1/4 inch back from locking in the bottom of the floor plate everything loads as it should please advise .
Thanks Brett

Brett, as long as the floor plate is still attached to the spring you're good to go. I have a Vanguard .308 that I put a Howa 1500 Floor plate on and now use 5 and 10 round mags with it. I just looked at the original and the spring is about 1/4" back from fully seated. It fed fine like that before the change over so I think you'll be ok if you leave it back a little.

TRHRC

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 02:46:26 PM »
I'm having the exact same issue with my weatherguard in 6.5 creedmoor. If I move the spring out of its holder on the hinge plate it loads fine. Its as if the spring holder on the hinge plate was improperly installed.

TRHRC

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »
This is where I have to put the spring so it will load properly