Spike Camp

Weather Man

Weather Man
« on: October 08, 2018, 05:12:25 PM »
Hey Kevin hows our favorite weather man holding up under this new storm that's coming in?
TD

Re: Weather Man
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 04:54:43 AM »
Hmmm No response , I hope he's OK the storm looks to hit his area.
TD

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 05:15:18 AM »
  Looks like you're the weather man now...  :)   I'm on the other side of the state, BTW. 

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:10:36 AM »
It seems like I'll be the WX man this week.  Michael has GA in his cross hair, and we are looking at rain 65+MPH winds  on Thu.  I thought I ran from all the hurricanes, but I guess I didn't go inland enough.  ;D ;D

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 06:37:16 AM »
My ex SIL is near Tallahassee, in the direct predicted path. He has all his ducks in a row. He has 2 young kids and 4 dogs to contend with.  I just was chatting with him.   :)

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 08:10:22 AM »
  Looks like you're the weather man now...  :)   I'm on the other side of the state, BTW.
Nah not really I saw were it was to hit the N.E. coast and thought about you. I should pay closer attention to the details but who knows when your going to read false news.
Besides I thought I would wake you up this mourning. (:>)
TD

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 08:56:24 AM »
So, what's the 10:00 CDT update, T D?   ;D

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 02:30:41 PM »
The one single thing my ex SIL had forgotten was ice, rectified! They are on well water and have plenty of bottled water on hand. Pumps don't work so "well" without electricity. I shared a lesson learned from PARA45 on flushing toilets with pond water. The press is at a loss for words after "the storm of a lifetime" hit the Carolinas. He has his stuff in order, retired USAF with 9 war zone deploys. His choice of shit zone weapons is debatable but he won't miss his target. His 3 GSD's will assure their safety.  My "city" water is from Artesian wells and not surface reservoir so it's never polluted from flooding. He has 50 some lbs. of charcoal on hand. I have piped in gas, hot water and stove function regardless! 3 named storms in the Atlantic basin makes this season a bit interesting. I am about 1 mile of the Atlantic. Regardless as to how nasty it gets here, I promised my 98 year old neighbor that absolutely refuses to leave that Rambo and I have her 6! All I am is my word.   :)

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 05:57:58 PM »
So, what's the 10:00 CDT update, T D?   ;D
Gee good question. I don't know I haven't checked the yahoo news lately. Been too busy doing other things. (:>)
TD

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 11:07:02 PM »
We were plenty far inland from Hurricane Harvey.  Just got a few little puffs of wind.  Never lost power or communications.  But it was that thirty-five plus inches of rain in two days, over all of Central Texas that got many of us.  Our little town is small, rural minded, and red-neck enough, that the "professional looters" that travel TO disaster areas, pretty much skipped over us.  Everyone I know, WOULD have been ready for them.  And our local LEO were constantly able to patrol, since most major roads had no debris blocking them.  They will not have that option in Florida's Panhandle.  MM

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 05:15:53 AM »
The professional looters and con men knew exactly who to take advantage of here. They must have had inside information to be able to target the old people the way they did. The didn't try me, they tried my now 98 year old neighbor and her neighbors in their 80's. They met up with me and friends (S&W) at my neighbor's and my GSD's predecessor at the other place.  Our street was closed at one end and was always open at the other end of the block. The cops were busy at the  stores being looted to pay much attention to us.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 06:47:40 AM »
All good here in Middle Georgia.  Michael came in as a strong Cat I, with winds 75+ MPH, and dumped a lot of water on us.  Our home didn't suffer any damage, and we never lost power.  Some counties around us are not so lucky, there were a lot tornado activity in the area, and that is what caused most of the damages. 

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 12:59:25 PM »
Glad you made it threw OK. The remnants of Micheal blow threw south of me in VA and glad it did though I still got rain from it yesterday. Today it has been a beautiful cool sunny fall day with a breeze blowing out of the north west.
There is now way that I would want to live in Florida or in the coastal states.
TD

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »
I WILL remind you of that in January when I have my windows wide open, T D.  The very next named Atlantic storm is Oscar. We are in a world of hurt on that one! LOL!

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 03:05:48 PM »
I WILL remind you of that in January when I have my windows wide open, T D.  The very next named Atlantic storm is Oscar. We are in a world of hurt on that one! LOL!

OSCARs on the way, better batten down the hatches!!!!!!!!!!
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member