Spike Camp

Jerry Miculek shooting double barreled 1911's, somewhat fast

Jerry Miculek shooting double barreled 1911's, somewhat fast
« on: October 10, 2018, 05:05:09 PM »
Yes you read that correctly.  It is a rare pistol, less than five hundred were made.  Sort of, side by side 1911's.  The pistol was "an answer to a question that was never asked" though.  It IS an engineering marvel, but completely impractical.  Maybe Rosie O'Donald could conceal one under a "flap."  The slow-mo video is pretty cool, seeing those pairs of bullets fly and hit.  Miculek and his peers are amazing pistoleros, especially with wheel guns.  I love that accent of his.  He needs to be in a James Bond movie, like a CIA operative from New Orleans, assigned to help Bond, and where he takes out six bad guys in a half a second, while Bond is still aiming at one.  MM

Re: Jerry Miculek shooting double barreled 1911's, somewhat fast
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
Pretty cool  :) I had to send a link to a couple friends.

Was it Bob Lunden (not sure of spelling) that used to do fantastic things with a revolver?
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 07:10:44 PM »
Great slo-mo photography.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 07:20:53 PM »
Pretty cool pistol for someone with deep pockets and a Dirty Harry complex.( or if you wanted to make it a safe queen ) Also, quote, "The instructions  are clear: use the best ammunition possible. No surprise there. Two rounds go off at the same time; the consistency of the ammunition has a huge effect on the AF2011-A1ís accuracy." No doubt, like Miculek says, the recoil is pretty stout.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »
Big Muddy, that would be Bob Munden.  You almost had it.  Completely extraordinary fast draw man, and trick shooter, perhaps the best at those.  Jeff Cooper taught him pistol handling. 
I read up on Miculek, and they mentioned that there are a few records set by Ed McGivern in the 1930's for "unloading a revolver the fun way," that MAY be faster than Miculek.  I guess back then they used a stop watch.  Parts of seconds were measured as "a half a second," or "three fourth's of a second."  They have re-timed old film footage of McGivern shooting, which also has variations in speed, and said that McGivern MAY have been like .010 seconds faster than Miculek on a few of the records, but it could never be verified.  At least they give McGivern credit for what he did.  Another pretty fast fellow was Joe Bowman, from Houston.  I met him and watched him do an exhibition that was jaw dropping.  My band was hired to play for an "outdoor country party" put on by an older friend of mine that has done well in life.  We played a set, and then Mr. Bowman, also a friend of my buddy, put on his exhibition.  I met him afterward.  I do not think he cared for long-hairs like I was at the time, but we had a common friend, and talked guns, so he gave me his time.  In the '50's and maybe a little later, he trained Hollywood stars on gun handling and fast draw, so they looked like they knew what they were doing in the Westerns.  I will not drop names, but he worked with the stars that I am sure all of us admired.  He just passed away a few years ago.  Here is a clip of Bob Munden.  MM

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 10:46:41 PM »
Thanks for that, another great one\ :)
I can't remember the show he was on but there was also a fellow that shot a long bow and he could shoot aspirin out of the sky.
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 11:25:43 PM »
I can't remember the show he was on but there was also a fellow that shot a long bow and he could shoot aspirin out of the sky.
was that Howard Hill big muddy?
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 07:03:00 AM »
That is pretty cool!  Noticed how one bullet exited the barrel quicker than the other. 

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 08:30:40 AM »

I can't remember but I think his wife shot a bow as well.
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 10:06:08 AM »

I pretty sure it was Howard as pretty much nobody could match his skills with a longbow.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 07:52:16 PM »

I pretty sure it was Howard as pretty much nobody could match his skills with a longbow.
I think the one I was thinking about was Byron Ferguson that shot the bow and Tom Knapp the shotgun.
I see both Bob Munden and Tom Knapp have passed away
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 01:46:28 PM »
I remember the Howard Hill clips from YEARS ago.  Tom Knapp did pass away not too long ago.  I have seen him twice at a Texas Parks And Wildlife Expo.  He was pretty amazing, and with a pump shotgun yet.  He made the comment of, "I like pumps, because I hate waiting for an automatic to cycle."  One funny trick he did, was "Making Salad."  I cannot remember if he threw, or had someone else throw heads of cabbage, tomatoes, onions, potatoes, salad dressing in a plastic jar, and such, and of course, he busted them all.  When he did the six or seven clay birds, that HE would throw all at once; I do not see how he could even throw that many, that far.  My Dad told me, that once when he was young, they were able to go to the County Fair, and there was "a man" shooting the Indian Chief silhouettes on tin sheets with a .22.  Dad said he was shooting a "Winchester Automatic;" apparently he and his buddies lusted for one of those.  I bet that was Adolph Toepperwein, who was from the San Antonio area.  Wouldn't ANY of us love to have one of those Indians framed, SIGNED, and hanging on our wall.  MM

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 01:59:04 PM »
And I thought I unloaded a 5 shot 41 mag revolver into a charging hog at 3 feet fast! At first I thought I had pooped myself onto my boots but is was hog brains.  :)