Spike Camp

Vortex Optics Diamondback HP Second Focal Plane Riflescope Thoughts?

Hey guys,

I think it's time for me to upgrade the scope on my 308 rifle and I was wondering what's the best 308 scope for deer hunting? I'm looking for a specific scope that has long eye relief, parallax adjustment and just a much greater field of view. The scope a lot of people were recommending was the Vortex Optics Diamondback. What are your thoughts on it?

And a really cool blog post that I found while doing my research was how to choose the best rifle scope. I thought it was very informative and broken down into simple terms. Just thought I'd share it with you guys!

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the Vortex Diamondback? Do you own one? Any cons?

Thanks!  :)

Re: Vortex Optics Diamondback HP Second Focal Plane Riflescope Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 06:14:15 AM »
I dont have that scope but a lot of the guys here really like the Vortex line. The one you suggested should fit your criteria very well.I think you would be happy with it.If you get it be sure to post us a review of it. Good luck.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Re: Vortex Optics Diamondback HP Second Focal Plane Riflescope Thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:39:57 AM »
I'll be sure to update you guys! :)

DW5

• View Profile
I have numerous Vortex optics and other products, including 2 Diamondback 4x12 rifle scopes and a Diamondback spotting scope. I really, really like all my Vortex stuff. I have zero negative things to say about them. 
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

I have 3 Diamond Backs and have come to really like them. The price point is excellent and they perform every bit as well as my Leupolds. In conversation with the local dealer he stressed the great customer support and felt that in time they would outpace Leupold sales. Leupold has held the mid range scope slot for years but they may be loosing it to Vortex provided Vortex can keep up with demand. If you haven't bought one yet I would have no problem recommending the Diamondback Hunting series.
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger, except bears. Bears will kill you...