Spike Camp

Weatherby Element Stock Fit

Weatherby Element Stock Fit
« on: October 14, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »
I had a screaming deal on an Element last year, and I bought it without reviewing it, or I would have seen that the L.o.P is very long on it. Too long for me. I have looked around to see what my options are, but I can't find anything. It has the black synthetic stock on it, not the wood. I was wondering what ya'll here recommend I do. Is there anyway I can find a youth sized stock, or if there is anyway to cut the stock myself. The gun has performed flawlessly and I am in love with it, it's just too long. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Weatherby Element Stock Fit
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 09:37:21 PM »
My element is the wood stock deluxe.I've removed the existing recoil pad and using one of the 5mm spacers as a template to fabricate a high density foam butt plate,until I can have a woodworking friend make a wood butt plate to fit the crescent shape of the stock.Lop is now 14". Left an e-mail with Weatherby looking for options have not heard back yet. Youtube has some video's showing synthetic stock modifications.I am trying not to alter stock if possible
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:57:22 AM by crptroller »

Re: Weatherby Element Stock Fit
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 06:47:12 PM »
Kodos to Weatherby for responding to my email so quickly. There customer response is the reason I went with them over the Big B line. Anyway according to Weatherby no factory option at this time to reduce lop, recommended to contact gunsmith to adjust/cut down stock.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 06:48:55 PM by crptroller »