Spike Camp

Most Consistent/Repeatable Scope Mount?

Most Consistent/Repeatable Scope Mount?
« on: October 22, 2018, 01:42:32 PM »
I currently have Leupold bases and rings but I'm trying to eliminate as many variables from my setup as possible and since the Leupolds have multiple parts and screws there is more to go wrong.  What base/ring setup would you recommend for the ultimate in consistency and reliability?  I'm shooting a '67 7mm Mark V.

Re: Most Consistent/Repeatable Scope Mount?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »
I currently have Leupold bases and rings but I'm trying to eliminate as many variables from my setup as possible and since the Leupolds have multiple parts and screws there is more to go wrong.  What base/ring setup would you recommend for the ultimate in consistency and reliability?  I'm shooting a '67 7mm Mark V.

I got my Mark V rings and bases from the Weatherby Website. They fit right and I'm happy with them.
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger, except bears. Bears will kill you...

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 03:45:14 AM »
Nightforce rail and rings
Mike

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 10:00:35 AM »
Nightforce rail and rings

Warne also now makes the bases with the proper crown for the Mark V's and Vanguards.
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger, except bears. Bears will kill you...

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 10:19:42 AM »
Nightforce or EGW rail bedded to your reciever and Burris Z signature series rings.  Theses rings will not leave marks on your scope.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 11:08:25 AM »
Looks like a grab bag of suggestions.  Everyone has their preference and there's no real consensus.  How about this?  What should I stay away from?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 01:47:04 PM »
A lot of members here use Talley bases and rings.
If you do a search you will find information on them
Mike

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »
Looks like a grab bag of suggestions.  Everyone has their preference and there's no real consensus.  How about this?  What should I stay away from?

Any ring that say's it also fits a Remington 700.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 06:59:54 AM »
I've used "Conetrol" rings and bases on my 270 and 340 Bees. They are projectionless and have been up and down the mountains in the US and BC and after all the banging around have never lost zero. GJ
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:01:51 AM by GrandeJuan »

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 06:09:08 PM »
Love the Conetrols.Not only great rings,but a classy look too
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 04:59:15 AM »
A lot of members here use Talley bases and rings.
If you do a search you will find information on them
+1  One piece Talley's are great and cheaper than most other ring/base combinations.   :)

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 01:42:13 PM »
I ended up going with Talleys.  Tons of positive reviews and i liked their design and weight savings vs steel.  I know there's many other good ones out there, i appreciate everyone's input.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 05:16:37 PM »
Good deal. I bet you will be pleased. For me me, one of the best things I can say about rings and bases is after I put them on the first time, I never really think about those particular ones again.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....