Spike Camp

7mm Weatherby Strikes Again

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: 7mm Weatherby Strikes Again
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »
Thank you gents!  Let me try and answer everyone's questions.

- Used 7mm Weatherby 139 grs PT-EX ammo
- Camo is KUIU, Verde 2.0.  Great stuff by the way, a bit pricy, but great stuff overall
- I was using a home made box stand, about 8 ft above ground, overlooking a cotton field.  I was on the edge of the woods, with a oak tree behind me, and several oak trees to my right where we have the feeder 
- Shot deer behind the elbow, heart lung shot.  I think the deer was dead and didn't know it.  LOL!!!!
- I couldn't take a trophy foto in the field because I was alone, and no one to take the picture for me.  I actually got that deer on the back of my truck by myself.  LOL!!!!  Had to use a couple of rachet straps to get him off the ground.  it was a b*tch to pull him though.  My friend who lives about 8 miles away was on his way to help me when a deer hit him.  That's right, a deer ran into his truck and hit the truck by the driver's door, and then spun around and hit the rest of the truck creating a nice dent on the rear wheel fender.  I guess it could have been worst.  LOL!!!!

I upladed a picture of the buck when he was next to my stand.  Took it with my phone, so it's not the greatest quality.  I don't know why the picture is sideways.  Not like that in my file.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:40:58 PM by PARA45 »
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »
Congrats. A real nice buck. Gotta love that 7mm.
Any man who would compromise his freedom in pursuit of safety deserves neither freedom or safety...BF

james7mmwby

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 11:29:48 PM »
Always nice to hear a fellow 7mmwby man filling his tag. Congrats to you.

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 09:52:11 AM »
Good to see you on the nation again James
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 10:02:54 AM »
Thank you gents.  I like all the Weatherby calibers/rifles I own.  This 7mm Wby I own is a stainless model with the topper ware stock, and fluted stainless barrel.  A real pleasure to take to the field, and a great shooter.     I like to rotate what I hunt with, so I go through stages and try to kill something with every Weatherby rifle I own.  I need a trip out west so I can try out my 6.5-300  ;D ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

badsection

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 10:31:38 AM »
Good to see you on the nation again James
  +1   :)

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 05:57:48 PM »
Congratulations, great buck and story to match.

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2018, 08:25:40 PM »
Congrats
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2018, 02:25:43 PM »
nice deer ! I loved the 139 grain sp ex I wish they still made it,it held up surprisingly well for the speed it was goin

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
Congrats man! What state are you hunting in?

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 06:10:14 PM »
Thank you gents!  I know it, my rifles likes those 139s, too bad they are no longer made. 

I hunt in GA, used to be station at Robins AFB, and work there as a civilian now. :)

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »
Nice buck, I'd of commented sooner but no cell phone coverage where we were hunting in Minnesota.
Doug

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2018, 09:54:47 PM »
Congrats nice buck. And story.
Mark