Spike Camp

Re: 10
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 06:07:10 AM »
good work Bad, I was a 2 1/2 - 3 pack a day smoker, and I quit cold turkey 18 years ago. I went though quite a few employee's the first 6 months at work,  :o  They would do something wrong, and I would want to tear their head off, they would quit or I would fired them on the spot.  :o That's about the only thing I'm not proud of on quitting smoking.

Rob
cfp-223REM
accumark-223Rem
ultralite-240 Wby
synthetic-240 Wby
synthetic-257 Wby
ultralite-270 Wby
fibermark-270 Wby
accumark-270 Wby
accumark-7mm Wby
stainless-300 Wby
fibermark-300Wby
accumark-30378 Wby
fibermark-340 Wby
accumark-338378 Wby
custom-375 Wby
DGR-378 Wby
DGR-416 Wby
custom DGR-460 Wby

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 06:08:49 AM »
Congratulations! Since I've never smoked ANYTHING in my entire life I can't say that I know what you're going through but I'm proud of you for sticking with the cold turkey. I do know habits are hard to stop, but it looks like you've got this one beat. Oh, I need to amend this a little, I have smoked the rear tires off many of the Mopar muscle cars I've owned in my years: '69 Dodge Charger R/T, '69 340 Dart Swinger, '69 Fastback 'Cuda, '70 440 'Cuda, '72 340 4 speed Demon. ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 06:16:19 AM by godscountry »
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 04:56:39 PM »
My hat's off to you on your success.  I've tried in the past but it hasn't worked out and with my stress level on the high end it's the one thing that keeps me from going total ape sh*t one some idiot who deserves it.  I know it's bad for me and I should quit but it seems like making excuses of why not to are far easier than actually making the full effort in quitting.  I have to say it's the worst thing I've ever done and making excuses is no reason for not quitting. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 03:49:37 AM »
My hat's off to you on your success.  I've tried in the past but it hasn't worked out and with my stress level on the high end it's the one thing that keeps me from going total ape sh*t one some idiot who deserves it.  I know it's bad for me and I should quit but it seems like making excuses of why not to are far easier than actually making the full effort in quitting.  I have to say it's the worst thing I've ever done and making excuses is no reason for not quitting.

Took me about a thousand tries at quitting to get this far. Being retired certainly helped relieve the stress of stopping, never made past 2-3 days at work.   :)

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 09:27:56 AM »
Awesome!
I personally have no desires to smoke accept for when the "trigger" happens. Fir me that is while I am working on the road for the Iowa DOT. Thankfully that only happens a few times a year.

Now Templeton Rye is the elixir.
The good stuff.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 12:53:28 PM »
Bad," "
Took me about a thousand tries at quitting to get this far. Being retired certainly helped relieve the stress of stopping, never made past 2-3 days at work.   :)
[/quote]

After 50 years of smoking, 10 months of not smoking really is a big accomplishment. Congratulations on tackling the addiction cold turkey, that takes will power and in the "long run" will improve your life. Prayers sent to strengthen your resolve.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 02:38:30 PM »
Thanks, Danno50!  I think kicking a heroin habit would be easier. All the nagging from well intentioned friends just never helped. I kept telling my self, "one more hour" then "one more day" LOL, I still slow down walking the dog near a  Rehab house on the next corner just to smell their tobacco or whatever else they are smoking.....    I am and always will be a tobacco addict.   :)

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 05:08:49 PM »
Congrats Bad, and stay the course!  I've tried to be good, by not offering you cigars.  ;D ;D ;D  Stay with it, you know you can make it!