Spike Camp

Georgia Hunter's helping to feed the hungry

Georgia Hunter's helping to feed the hungry
« on: November 05, 2018, 12:28:57 PM »
This is a GREAT story about the efforts of a few groups and A BUNCH of hunters in Georgia, with trying to help the hungry.  There is a similar program here in Texas, and I bet in a bunch of other States.  It always boils down to, the various groups that are always denigrated, talked bad about, are "the deporables," "rednecks,"... always seem to be the ones that are actually trying to help people.  You never see the groups with the biggest protest signs, and the most arrogant mouths, ever do much of anything to help their fellow man.  MM
https://www.macon.com/news/special-reports/food-story/article221025890.html

Re: Georgia Hunter's helping to feed the hungry
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:06:08 PM »
It is the positive side of hunting that goes on in most states. We were taking 3-4 deer a night on crop damage permits near Pocomoke City, MD.  and as soon as we had one, we called "meals on wheels". They loved the idea of free meat. We might have taken a few loins but soon had freezers full.  We took several hundred and never put a dent in the population!  Too damn bad that only "Cecil" hits the lame stream media!  :)

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 02:14:06 PM »
I don't think the food banks can take wild game now, Damn Gov't regs >:(

The Saskatchewan Stock Growers have Beef Drive. Us rancher can donate an animal and three abattoirs in the province kill them and the food bank distributes the ground beef. People can donate cash to help pay the processing.
 The first 2 years they collected over 22.000 lbs of ground beef.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 02:17:12 PM »
Yea, but you elected Trudeau!  We elected Trump who makes your "Conservatives" liberals here!  LOL!

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 08:25:15 PM »
Yea, but you elected Trudeau!  We elected Trump who makes your "Conservatives" liberals here!  LOL!

I elected Trudeau just like you elected Obama :o
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 04:44:22 AM »

Didn't mean you specifically, poor choice of words on my part! 

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 06:20:04 AM »

Didn't mean you specifically, poor choice of words on my part!

;D ;D  I knew what you meant ;D ;D  and I agree with you.
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »
One of my retired shooting buddies has a sizable ranching operation, and he and his daughter want to eat their own home grown beef.  He is also rather benevolent.  So I think it is twice a year, they have one of the local meat processors come get a steer or whatever, and they have it processed as they want.  They take what cuts and ground meat that they think they will consume in six months, and donate the rest to the area food bank.  MM

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 11:45:29 AM »
Gee you should here the anti's and Greens carry on if us hunters were to suggest giving game meat to the hungry and needy here in Australia! We are not allowed because of government rules and regulations that have been put in place because of all the anti hunters and vegetarians. It is a shame really because us hunters could go a long way to helping out those that need a little bit of help.
Aussie gun nut.