Spike Camp

Politics

Politics
« on: November 05, 2018, 02:14:19 PM »
Do any of you see a giant change in your locale tomorrow?  I am hoping to lose a senator with 18 years experience of being useless(Bill Nelson).  Fingers crossed on the new Governor of Florida! My U S Congressman, Alcee Hastings , is running unopposed. He is the former federal judge that resigned just before being removed for accepting bribes. Georgia is about to cross into history, electing a black woman. 

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: Politics
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 04:31:28 PM »
Bad, that is not happening, I can assure you of that!  Not that it matters that she is African American or not, but the fact is that she doesn't believe Georgians should carry.  Well, that doesn't go well with a lot of Georgians.   We'll see.  My wife and I are voting tomorrow. :)

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:31:51 AM »
All I can say is if you think the Dems are crazy now,you aint seen nothing yet if they lose again
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 04:47:18 AM »
Been raining here all morning, probably affect the turnout!  I may be listening to the press' s predictions a bit too much. It's the same fools that predicted a Clinton landslide.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 09:15:58 AM »
My prediction is one of the political parties will be badly embarrassed. I think it will be a major shift one way or the other. Rep keep the house abd add 6 or 7 Senate seats or Dem take the house and Reb only gain 1 Senate seat.

We have a Governor's race here in Iowa that is close. Two Republican house seats that are too close. One (Rod Blum) is a good one and probably will lose. The other, (David Young) is as worthless as tastebuds on an @$$ is toss up.

My prediction for Florida people is DeSantis will win due to early voting favoring Rep and Gillum's corruption scandal affects independents decisions.

My $.02

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 12:23:34 PM »
I don’t trust any of the candidates for governor in Kansas. Education funding has been political football for a long time. I don’t think any of them would do things much different for funding any existing program and cutting spending. When there is a limited amount of money in the pot, more for this means less for that. It’s fairly simple.
The Dem. candidate got an F rating from the NRA. She supports banning things that look like an assault rifle. Again, looks and emotionally charged events drive their agenda.....ugh.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 12:54:22 PM »
The press here is showing quotes from the hildabeast, pictures of Gillum ( Dumbocrat for governor) and steering clear of the senator race. 

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 05:15:06 AM »
Turns out, we Floridians elected Republicans for Governor and U S Senator. Former Senator Bill Nelson, professional politician since 1972, is out of a job.  Looks like Pelosi will be speaker of the house AGAIN!  I see the Georgia governor job is still up in the air. A anti gun democrat is elected Governor of Colorado.   :)

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 05:35:43 AM »
The Dem won the race in Kansas for governor. I expect her to chip away at the 2nd Amendment with bad information under a “it’s about the children” theme.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

Weatherby-SL

• Tony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 05:38:48 AM »
Tennessee won big yesterday. As a long-time red state, the Republicans won with Bill Lee to Governor, Marsha Blackburn to US Senate and 7 to 2 in US House. The State Senate and State House were ALL won by Republicans.

I loathe the fact that the Democrats won back the US House. I just hope they are smart enough to oust Pelosi as the Speaker and choose someone with more sense. Afraid the fox is IN the hen house!

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 05:52:00 AM »
Our congress hasn't done anything real in years, I don't see that as changing. We just get to see Pelosi's face more and that is good for my diet...…   :-)

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 06:51:05 AM »
Our congress hasn't done anything real in years, I don't see that as changing. We just get to see Pelosi's face more and that is good for my diet...…   :-)
One thing is for sure Kevin you will lose weight every time you look at her. Just hope it's not in a public place too often, I hate throwing up in restaurants. (:>)
TD

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 07:50:49 AM »
One thing is for sure Kevin you will lose weight every time you look at her. Just hope it's not in a public place too often, I hate throwing up in restaurants. (:>)

Nevada went blue which scares the crap out me because of our close proximity to California. Northern Nevada and Southern Nevada have some striking similarities to California north and south and it just became clear that Northern Nevada is in the same boat as Northern California.
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger, except bears. Bears will kill you...

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 08:06:05 AM »

What do you mean??
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 08:19:16 AM »
Pelosi is the poster child for term limits!  :)  Looks like the senate race here is headed for a recount after earlier reports of Scott winning.